Embarrassing Question From Diver To Diver

Skull diver

Ok,
I admit, this has been the worst week in years, thanks also to the fact that I am now limited by law to hunt in very few spots on my coast among the thousands available before.

But preparing the Deus 2 in a scuba configuration for tomorrow morning, I'm really feeling like I've got it all wrong.

Wrong coil due to the only 11 "available, no need of the ws6 headphones and last but not least, this horror shaft lenght!

So the almost funny question is: how did You manage to dive with it?

Shorter lower stem's lenght doesn't allow to hunt without upper shaft falsing noise.

If I extend in the correct position the upper shaft part, there's no way to reach the coil area with the arm and to dig properly, not to mention the bonephones connector's cable contact with the shaft.

The last forced option is to collapse it and have to literally face the remote among the forearm and the elbow.

Can I be more pissed than usual?....Of Course...Apparently.

deus dive conf.jpg

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

2 hours ago, Skullgolddiver said:

Ok,
I admit, this has been the worst week in years, thanks also to the fact that I am now limited by law to hunt in very few spots on my coast among the thousands available before.

But preparing the Deus 2 in a scuba configuration for tomorrow morning, I'm really feeling like I've got it all wrong.

Wrong coil due to the only 11 "available, no need of the ws6 headphones and last but not least, this horror shaft lenght!

So the almost funny question is: how did You manage to dive with it?

Shorter lower stem's lenght doesn't allow to hunt without upper shaft falsing noise.

A turnaround would be to buy a S telescopic stem , shorten the aluminium mid shaft to your desired length and at the end you have the right tool for diving ..  Just an idea ...

S TELESCOPIC Stem | XP METAL DETECTORS

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, palzynski said:

Just an idea ...

Believe me, I thought to cut straight the aluminium superior shaft and adapt again the remote clip and holes for screws.

I just hate this setup like it is now.

For the price of another Xp S handle, I can obtain a straight shorter type a lot better for diving purpose.

Unluckily there's still no trace of a piece available for now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Phoenix said:

Dive shaft announcement

I've seen this video the first day Calabash posted it...

But I still prefer a really short dive shaft.

Among 5 machines I dive with, the only one shaft I'm in love with measures just 66 cm ( 25.98") from the armrest tail to the coil's bolt.

Looking at the diving shaft, it looks like a piece of extruded plastic with two end caps. Probably wouldn't take too much effort to pop one end off, cut it to length, and have the perfect custom rod. At least that's what I would do if I ever get my machine...

JP

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Johnny Phoenix said:

cut it to length

That's exactly my intention if I don't find a good alternative with a straight shaft soon.By the way I'd hate to cut and ruin the original upper shaft just for this reason.

My trouble is that I basically don't like the S handle type.

Otherwise another Xp shaft can be a fast solution.

I'm however considering all the extra cash to use the D2 properly underwater, as a steal😑.

I mean, why not to make available 9" and 11" at the same time?

Why not with a specific package for divers without Ws6 and long shaft?

(My 2 cents)

And 450$ +? 😑

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skullgolddiver said:

That's exactly my intention if I don't find a good alternative with a straight shaft soon.By the way I'd hate to cut and ruin the original upper shaft just for this reason.

SteveG of Steve's Detector Rods could probably make you a straight CF shaft for diving. He does custom work.

Steve's Detector Rods

• Thanks 1