Quest For The Ultimate Shaft - Steve's Detector Rods S-shaft For The Equinox Impressions

CPT_GhostLight -- wow!  What a terrific write-up!  Thanks for taking the time to do so, and it is so gratifying for me to hear not only that someone likes the shafts that I produce, but especially when it is apparent that by using one, it has allowed longer time in the field, without fatigue/pain.  I love this hobby, and I know how passionate so many others are about it, as well.  And so, the idea that I can in some way help others to enjoy it even more, is a most rewarding part of what I do.

Thank you!!

Steve

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have about the same number of years (and a lot of hard miles) and can relate. I agree with everything you have said and followed the same steps as you leading me to the S-rod for the 11” as well. I also can recommend trying the counter weight on the straight rod and for me it was slowing down the swing change in direction that made it all come together.

Steve has created one of the best swinging detector rods for different coils and can accommodate any style.  Using “the big coil on my straight shaft with the counter weight.” Is a fantastic idea and one I had not thought of until now.

Cheers

• Like 2