Air Detectors Now Being Sold

6 minutes ago, kac said:

So the wireless comes through bluetooth tech in the phone? Didn't see anything about apt LL or other low latency tech being used, though.

33 minutes ago, kac said:

Look here https://www.facebook.com/groups/airmetaldetectors/?ref=share

Based on what I’ve read, I would steer clear of these machines. I trust people like Daniel Spencer, Sid Perry, and others who have said this machine is far from ready for prime time, stands somewhere between a toy and a scam. I’ve followed it from concept right up to now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh my! 1

4 minutes ago, ☠ Cipher said:

Look here https://www.facebook.com/groups/airmetaldetectors/?ref=share

Based on what I’ve read, I would steer clear of these machines. I trust people like Daniel Spencer, Sid Perry, and others who have said this machine is far from ready for prime time, stands somewhere between a toy and a scam. 

Is it possible they've made improvements since those reviews were made?

Hopefully SeriousDetecting doesn't turn into Kellyco where ensuring the legitimacy of products (Long Range Locators being the example of illegitimacy) takes a back seat to other motivations.  I've had very good experiences with SeriousDetecting and their products up until now.  If this detector doesn't measure up to basic performance standards I hope they pull it off their products page until improvements show that it does.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Is it possible they've made improvements since those reviews were made?

Hopefully SeriousDetecting doesn't turn into Kellyco where ensuring the legitimacy of products (Long Range Locators being the example of illegitimacy) takes a back seat to other motivations.  I've had very good experiences with SeriousDetecting and their products up until now.  If this detector doesn't measure up to basic performance standards I hope they pull it off their products page until improvements show that it does.

According to Daniel, whose been testing it for a while for his magazine in the UK, there have been no updates to the machine, nor to any the backers hold, nor have they fulfilled their obligations to the remainder of backers. I agree that this could hurt the reputation of Serious Detecting once they reach users hands. From what I gather they lack any serious depth, yet chatter away, and can’t be properly ground balanced. The GB function seems not to work at all. The depth people are getting is not what was promised, but more akin to a bounty Hunter Gold Digger. Since this happened after a necessary hardware change, it’s even more concerning that a complete overhaul is needed. Also concerning is that the phone grip has been dropping peoples phones and the bad ergonomic design can be felt straight away.

• Like 2

Last App update on the App Store was 7 months ago when backers began receiving them. I’m told the app is completely gone from Google Play.

50 minutes ago, ☠ Cipher said:

According to Daniel, whose been testing it for a while for his magazine in the UK, there have been no updates to the machine, nor to any the backers hold, nor have they fulfilled their obligations to the remainder of backers. I agree that this could hurt the reputation of Serious Detecting once they reach users hands. From what I gather they lack any serious depth, yet chatter away, and can’t be properly ground balanced. The GB function seems not to work at all. The depth people are getting is not what was promised, but more akin to a bounty Hunter Gold Digger. Since this happened after a necessary hardware change, it’s even more concerning that a complete overhaul is needed. Also concerning is that the phone grip has been dropping peoples phones and the bad ergonomic design can be felt straight away.

Any mention of Bluetooth lag?

Oh, and I just saw that this is made in the Ukraine. So there could be support or supply issues (understably so) given the ongoing situation there.

I don’t remember seeing any issues with lag. I believe the whole setup runs on just Bluetooth 5.0 from coil to phone. 

1 minute ago, ☠ Cipher said:

I believe the whole setup runs on just Bluetooth 5.0 from coil to phone.

SeriousDetecting ad says Bluetooth 4.0, but I suppose that could be out-of-date....

Yes, that sounds like their first run prototype. I could also be mistaken. By the time the discussion got to Bluetooth I’d heard enough to put me off until it could be discerned if an update could turn the unit around. It now seems that at least some limitations are hardware based though.