Beach Pitch ?

Steve Andrews

17 minutes ago, Steve Andrews said:

Il n'y a rien dans le manuel qui indique quelle gamme de fréquences est utilisée pour chaque programme, juste un maximum de 14, 24 et 40 pour Diving, Beach et Beach Sens.

Je me demande où se situe Beach Pitch. J'ai l'impression qu'il est bas, car il aime les boulets de canon profonds.

If look at page 18     Frequencies

13 minutes ago, la torche said:

Si voir page 18 Fréquences

your 13 Beach P program on your screen look at the top left the number 12 indicates that it is a personalized program from the 12 Beach Sens 40 KHZ program .....and not 11 Beach 24 KHz.

• Like 1

This thing confused me as well the first time.

The little number in the screen is the "base" of the program, and the main P + number is the allocated slot for a personalized program...

21 hours ago, Steve Andrews said:

There is nothing in the manual that says what range of frequencies are used for each program though, just a max of 14, 24 and 40 for Diving, Beach and Beach Sens.

I wonder where Beach Pitch fits in. I have a feeling that it's low, as it loves deep cannonballs.

I think not...I tried with a slim and tiny gold ring an air test with fast 40 (not so sure but I changed frequency) and reducing to 14 and less it just disappeared...

When in Beach P the ring sounds amazing 😜

On 3/15/2022 at 4:48 PM, la torche said:

If look at page 18     Frequencies

Read closer, those frequencies are the individual frequency ranges for the 7 main Mono mode frequencies only.  XP has not confirmed that they are individual frequency constituents of the various FMF program preset variants.  So please don’t keep confusing the Mono base frequencies with with what XP is identifying to us as the FMF preset program “maximum” frequency (i.e., 14, 24, or 40 kHz) or the construct frequencies of the FMF preset programs.  XP has given us NO knowledge of those whatsoever.

4 hours ago, Skullgolddiver said:

I think not...I tried with a slim and tiny gold ring an air test with fast 40 (not so sure but I changed frequency) and reducing to 14 and less it just disappeared...

When in Beach P the ring sounds amazing 😜

Yes, that’s because Beach P is FMF (max 40 kHz and FMF signal processing) and not Mono processing like Fast 40.

• Like 2

On 3/15/2022 at 2:40 PM, la torche said:

Beach P         From 4.08 KHz to 45.45 KHz .       With gold field and relic these are the 3 programs that use the sound threshold. I think it is this functionality that justifies an additional beach program, there must have been feedback from beachcombers of this initial lack. 

No.  Beach P is based off Beach Sensitive and is a “discrimination” program unlike Gold Field and Relic which use Iron Amplitude Reduction.  Completely different signal processing approach.  Do not confuse them just because Beach P uses a similar pitch audio.

On 3/15/2022 at 4:44 PM, la torche said:

Chase made a small program numbering error. Beach Sens as you said there is an excellent program and is very suitable for the WET beach in the black and magnetic sand.

I did not make a program numbering error (Program 12 was correct) but I should have called Beach P a custom variant of Beach Sens.  

On 15/03/2022 at 21:29, Steve Andrews said:

Il n'y a rien dans le manuel qui indique quelle gamme de fréquences est utilisée pour chaque programme, juste un maximum de 14, 24 et 40 pour Diving, Beach et Beach Sens.

Je me demande où se situe Beach Pitch. J'ai l'impression qu'il est bas, car il aime les boulets de canon profonds.

I carefully reread page 18 and indeed it is mainly intended for mono programs. Thank you very much for pointing out my mistake. Sorry to those who read the posts and I apologize to them for not taking it into account.

• 4 weeks later...