Gold Mine Discovered! (the Hard Way!)

BMc

3 hours ago, BMc said:

Don't know if you understood that there was no opening or hole in the road. Not even a depression! The water flowed from uphill, (sagebrush area), and eroded the ground structure beneath the surface of the road, giving no indication of its weakness.

Glad you located the gold for me though. Lol! How much did you recover? Mr GotGold, with all due respect, I have hunted this general area (Northern NV), for (going on 30), years and knoseveral very accomplished nugget hunters who have done the same. I have photos and GPS coordinates of large multi-oz nuggets that were found, as often as not in places where you would not suspect, nor anyone at the time might have predicted, until they actually tried it. Based on your pictorial gold pointer, I suspect you haven't hunted for gold anywhere near that general area, (which can apply to both Humboldt and Pershing counties)

The upshot is, In that area, Gold can be anywhere! ( A lot of gold found way out in the sagebrush flats)

Let me know when you are going to be up that way again (Rye Patch, Eugene Mts), maybe we can get together and swing a coil! :smile:

It must’ve been a bit scary driving down what looks like a solid road and having that open up underneath you. I apologize, meant the photo just in joking, you are right, I’ve never been there but would love to.  The closest Ive been to that area was SE Oregon and then down through Black Rock, sure is a nice country out there! I am hoping on going to that region for an extended trip soon, maybe if you are around I will check in- appreciate the invite and if you’re ever in So Cal desert, same invite goes for you! Will PM you my contact. Thanks! 🙂

-Anthony 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GotAU? said:

It must’ve been a bit scary driving down what looks like a solid road and having that open up underneath you. I apologize, meant the photo just in joking, you are right, I’ve never been there but would love to.  The closest Ive been to that area was SE Oregon and then down through Black Rock, sure is a nice country out there! I am hoping on going to that region for an extended trip soon, maybe if you are around I will check in- appreciate the invite and if you’re ever in So Cal desert, same invite goes for you! Will PM you my contact. Thanks! 🙂

-Anthony 

Not scary. A bit jarring but it happened fast and was over. No apology necessary Anthony. I knew you were joking and I was joking back at you. I usually don't get up there until after May 15th to let it dry out a little.  If you get a chance, drop by the BLM office in Winnemucca and check out their Gold/Mineral specimen collection, especially the Chevron Gold nuggets. On second thought, Gerry probably carries a few with him! :smile: