Update

Carolina

Anyone know how to remove the large number v0.06 and return back to the original v 0.06 version ?

Thanks

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, diggindaboot said:

You don't have to use the large screen. It's not a permanent setting.

Curious as to why you want to remove it from the software?

This update has caused the same results for myself and one other friend. Loss of depth and no matter if using XY, Horseshoe or large number profile screen at times now, a strong signal results with no TID only dashed lines which did not happen before loading the new version v0.06. Adding this new profile certainly changed the performance of our machines. Since this profile was just added to the old v0.06 rather than applying a new v0.07, I see no way to return to the old version once you install the new v0.06. This is upsetting to say the least.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Carolina said:

This update has caused the same results for myself and one other friend. Loss of depth and no matter if using XY, Horseshoe or large number profile screen at times now, a strong signal results with no TID only dashed lines which did not happen before loading the new version v0.06. Adding this new profile certainly changed the performance of our machines. Since this profile was just added to the old v0.06 rather than applying a new v0.07, I see no way to return to the old version once you install the new v0.06. This is upsetting to say the least.

Trying to look into this with XP contacts.  So you lost both depth performance AND you now get double dashed lines on overload signals?  How much depth loss? Is this across the board on all modes or just a favorite mode?   Just trying to characterize this better for my POC, thanks.   I haven't had a chance to test this version yet. 

Disappointed they did not advance the ver # so people could roll back, if desired.  That was some sloppy ver control right there.  

2 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Trying to look into this with XP contacts.  So you lost both depth performance AND you now get double dashed lines on overload signals?  How much depth loss? Is this across the board on all modes or just a favorite mode?   Just trying to characterize this better for my POC, thanks.   I haven't had a chance to test this version yet. 

Disappointed they did not advance the ver # so people could roll back, if desired.  That was some sloppy ver control right there.  

Did XP officially announce this update?   I didn’t get an email from them.  I think Gary Blackwell’s video is the closest thing to an official announcement.  If I’m remembering correctly even he says the official update is not ready yet. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

Did XP officially announce this update?   I didn’t get an email from them.  I think Gary Blackwell’s video is the closest thing to an official announcement.  If I’m remembering correctly even he says the official update is not ready yet. 

In fact he calls the update the new “naught point seven” version.  

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

Depth loss as much as 6” in P 11 & P 12. These are the only two programs I have hunted in as I am a salt water hunter. After yesterday’s first spin with new version 0.06, I noticed only shallow targets pulled from wet and dry sand, as my friend John was pulling deep targets in the same area. I was able to run 99 sensitivity, 0 reactivity, 9 salt where as he could only run 95, 1.5 and 7 respectively. The dashed lines would come randomly off good targets say a penny or a quarter at 6 to 8 inches. Strong audio signal just no TID #. I have judged the depth loss from that spin and air test once I got home. Upon opening emails last night, my friend Denny had sent me a long mail upset describing the same issues I had as he too did the update. The large numbers are nice but for myself and Denny it wrecked our machines so to speak. I do wish they (Deus) would now offer a v0.07 update that is a exact duplicate of the original v0.06 without the large numbers. My two friends and myself have over 35 years detecting each so I feel what we are doing is correct. On another note I was able to run those hot numbers in knee deep salt water also where I would think not possible in P12.

• Like 1

I have confirmed other people are reporting similar issues and they have been reporting it back to XP.  Hoping they at least post a path to enable reverting back to the "old" version 0.6 ASAP.  I will let folks know if I hear anything from my end.  To be clear, I am getting my information from a distributor, not directly from XP.

Until they get this sorted, I don't advise performing the update.  Ugh.

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 1

1 hour ago, NCtoad said:

In fact he calls the update the new “naught point seven” version.  

Except XP didn't post it as 0.7, it installs as 0.6 (shows 0.6 on boot up of the remote)...but definitely adds the TID screen and also affects performance in a mixed bag manner. Looks like they clumsily lost version control which is not a good thing...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Except XP didn't post it as 0.7, it installs as 0.6 (shows 0.6 on boot up of the remote)...but definitely adds the TID screen and also affects performance in a mixed bag manner. Looks like they clumsily lost version control which is not a good thing...

Chase, do you know the difference in the v0.05 and the original v0.06 was or is. Maybe that would be an option for me to gain my performance back.

Thanks

• Like 1