Update

Carolina

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

Except XP didn't post it as 0.7, it installs as 0.6 (shows 0.6 on boot up of the remote)...but definitely adds the TID screen and also affects performance in a mixed bag manner. Looks like they clumsily lost version control which is not a good thing...

I’m probably not being very clear.  My point is that it’s not an official xp update yet until they announce it as 0.7.  I’m wondering why they are letting owners download a “new” 0.6 version without it being a finalized version.  I have not downloaded this partial update and won’t until xp sends out an email that the new 0.7 version is available to download.  I can live with the small screen for now.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

I’m probably not being very clear.  My point is that it’s not an official xp update yet until they announce it as 0.7.  I’m wondering why they are letting owners download a “new” 0.6 version without it being a finalized version.  I have not downloaded this partial update and won’t until xp sends out an email that the new 0.7 version is available to download.  I can live with the small screen for now.  

Well someone was notified of the change I would think. It’s possible someone maybe in the UK uploaded their older version to v0.06 and discovered the large profile screen. Then word of mouth took off.  Also do  the new machines rolling off the assembly line now have this 3rd profile in their v0.06 ?

53 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

No you are clear and I understand what you are saying.  We’re just concerned about different aspects of the botched “stealth” update rollout.   I get that you are going to hold off on the update, that’s great.  But what about those who already updated or new purchasers who are delivered units with ver 0.4 or 0.5 sw out of the box?  XP has posted the “stealth” 0.6 update without making  it distinct from the “original” 0.6 update nor making the original 0.6 available as a rollback option.  Since XP is not telling users to hold off on doing the update, users are going to blindly update to the latest posted version assuming it has been adequately QC’d and are none the wiser.  XP needs to 1) inform the customer base ASAP of the issue, 2) restore the stable “old” ver 0.6 so users can revert back to the “best” performing stable version also ASAP and 3) fix the issues with the “new” ver 0.6 including giving it an appropriate distinct version number (e.g., ver 0.7 or 0.8 as appropriate) when they re-post it to restore configuration control.  This is a really disappointing throwback to XP’s sloppy update configuration control issues associated with the rollout of the version 4 update to Deus I.  Not a good look.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

No you are clear and I understand what you are saying.  We’re just concerned about different aspects of the botched “stealth”update rollout.   I get that you are going to hold off on the update.  But what about those who already updated or new purchasers who are delivered units with ver 0.4 or 0.5 sw out of the box?  XP is not telling them to hold off on the upgrade so they are going to blindly upgrade to the latest posted version assuming it has been adequately QC’d and are none the wiser.  XP needs to 1) inform the customer base ASAP of the issue, 2) restore the stable “old” ver 0.6 so users can revert back to the “best” performing stable version also ASAP and 3) fix the issues with the “new” ver 0.6 including giving it an appropriate distinct version number to restore configuration control.  This is a really disappointing throwback to XP’s sloppy update configuration control issues with the version 4 update to Deus I.  Not a good look.

Absolutely!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sandheron said:

It should be labelled ver 0.06b

It should also be pulled…for now.  Or at least inform users that there will be changes to actual detector performance, not just U/I or audio “enhancements”.  I don’t care what they name it just something to differentiate it from the original ver 0.6.

• Like 3

I'm not perceiving depth reduction at least air testing a small and thin gold ring at home...

But the interesting thing is that with 99 sens I've not EMI inside my room ........................WTF is happened?

I'll try underwater to check for real depth...Right now I can only suppose something related with interference correction.

8 minutes ago, Calarms said:

There may be a lot of deus coming up for sale

That would be premature to suppose. I agree with Chase it’s a case of poor version control, and demands a fix urgently. I’m glad I saw this thread I was planning to perform the update tonight, but definitely will not be until a fixed -authorized version is issued. 

• Like 3