Update

Carolina

Had to do a little air test with small diamond stud earring, D2 ,9inch wouldnt hit it at all in any mode including my custom beach sens. Tried wifes 11 inch coil and nothing ,,,except in fast 40 would barley clip on it if rubbing. Both sens set at 98.       Got my nox 800 out, sens set at 23 , solid hit and solid tdi at 2.5 to 3 inches in park 2!         oh D2s would hit it in gold mode but barley.  So this update has got me to thinking also!

12 hours ago, Carolina said:

Cette mise à jour a provoqué les mêmes résultats pour moi et un autre ami. Perte de profondeur et peu importe si vous utilisez parfois l'écran de profil XY, Horseshoe ou grand nombre, un signal fort en résulte sans TID, uniquement des lignes pointillées qui ne se sont pas produites avant le chargement de la nouvelle version v0.06. L'ajout de ce nouveau profil a certainement changé les performances de nos machines. Étant donné que ce profil vient d'être ajouté à l'ancienne v0.06 plutôt que d'appliquer une nouvelle v0.07, je ne vois aucun moyen de revenir à l'ancienne version une fois que vous avez installé la nouvelle v0.06. C'est pour le moins bouleversant.

What you say Caroline is instructive and leaves me wondering. It would have to be certified by comparing 2 Deus II with different versions, although I believe in your experience, what you said is a bomb for XP and they must react to it.
As I understand it, P 11 and P12 with the big digits lost 6 inches in depth, but what about P 13 Beach P if it doesn't have the big digits?

31 minutes ago, la torche said:

What you say Caroline is instructive and leaves me wondering. It would have to be certified by comparing 2 Deus II with different versions, although I believe in your experience, what you said is a bomb for XP and they must react to it.
As I understand it, P 11 and P12 with the big digits lost 6 inches in depth, but what about P 13 Beach P if it doesn't have the big digits?

I don’t believe this has anything to do with whether you select big digits for the program it has to do with performance changes embedded in the same update that added the big digits screen option.  Beach P is just Beach Sensitive (Pgm. 12) with Pitch tones and some adjustments to reactivity, silencer, and Salt Sensitivity vs. the Program 12 defaults so it’s degradation should be about the same as was observed by Carolina with Beach sensitive.

• Like 1

Something went awry that’s for sure. All I know for sure is that between this and the 9” scarcity, XP got some ‘splainin to do! Gary, if you’re here can you shed any light on this ?

13 hours ago, Carolina said:

Chase, do you know the difference in the v0.05 and the original v0.06 was or is. Maybe that would be an option for me to gain my performance back.

Thanks

Yep, getting really frustrated now.  0.5 not an option as far as I can tell, you can only select ver 0.6 from the updater drop down.  Apparently, the updater grabs the latest version off of an XP server.  The update firmware package is not contained within the updater app installed on your computer.

• Confused 1

Hi everyone !

First of all, I'm a beta tester of the Déus II

Your feedback with this new version 0.6 have challenged me so I took some news directly from XP and I had confirmation that this version is only a little update just to add the chinese language and give them a little "bonus" as the big TID.

So don't worry about this new version, no discrimination change, no performance change, no EMI sensitivity change, nothing except chinese language and the big TID screen :)

sincerely yours.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, slyworld said:

Hi everyone !

Your feedback with this new version 0.6 have challenged me so I take some news directly from XP and I had confirmation that this version is only a little update just to add the chinese language and give them a little "bonus" as the big TID.

So don't worry about this new version, no discrimination change, no performance change, no EMI sensitivity change, nothing except chinese language and the big TID screen 🙂

sincerely yours.

That is NOT what people are seeing in the field.  Multiple reports of depth loss, sketchy signals and TIDs.  This has been demonstrated with side by side video demonstrations with updated and non-updated units with identical settings.  I am concerned that XP thought they were posting a benign update but what has been loaded on the servers was something else. At the VERY LEAST XP is exhibiting very poor version  configuration control by not using distinct version numbers for the new update, not describing the differences for users, and finally not providing a rollback path.  This is really unacceptable, even if one concedes there are actually no performance changes in the update (which I don’t personally concede).

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

At the VERY LEAST XP is exhibiting very poor version  configuration control by not using distinct version numbers for the new update, not describing the differences for users, and finally not providing a rollback path.

I am sure Deus will get this figured out. However people are going to be gun shy about putting an update on and not having an uninstall feature!

2 hours ago, slyworld said:

So don't worry about this new version, no discrimination change, no performance change, no EMI sensitivity change, nothing except chinese language and the big TID screen 🙂

Maybe the Chinese parts do not like the Chinese language addition. :unsure:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, slyworld said:

Hi everyone !

Your feedback with this new version 0.6 have challenged me so I took some news directly from XP and I had confirmation that this version is only a little update just to add the chinese language and give them a little "bonus" as the big TID.

sincerely yours.

BS

• Like 2