Update

Carolina

Anyway.......even if you don't trust me, V0.7 will be out soon so, wait for it and perhaps we will meet again to discuss about changes here or in the french forum (detecteur.net)

hope the best for you and your D2,

see you !

I just watched a video by Grif-finds where he went over targets he tested before the large TID V0.6 update, and after. He concludes there is no noticeable depth reduction between before and after. I’m aware others ARE finding depth reduced with the new update. We’ll see where else this leads. 

54 minutes ago, relicmeister said:

By the way Gerry has some 9” D2 units right now that are not spoken for. 

Got the last one but he does have some 11's left as of this afternoon. 

strick 

• Like 1

I don't have a Deus II yet but a friend of mine does and he did the update.  His Deus was very noisy afterwards so he contacted XP directly via email about any changes that might cause this because of the update.  He was told all they changed was the large numbers and adding Chinese language.  They suggested the problem could be EMI.  Hope this helps everyone.

Also, I am a little surprised that Calabash Digger hasn't addressed this since he has spoken about every aspect of the Deus II so far.  Maybe someone who knows him could ask him his opinion which he doesn't seem shy about sharing, right?

Bill

18 minutes ago, Bill (S. CA) said:

He was told all they changed was the large numbers and adding Chinese language.  They suggested the problem could be EMI.  Hope this helps everyone.

So does your friend believe that all of a sudden he has high EMI where he didn’t before?

3 hours ago, slyworld said:

Anyway.......even if you don't trust me, V0.7 will be out soon

That doesn’t really help someone who might have a long-planned detecting trip all next week, does it?

Again, regardless of whether the issue is real or perceived, I really don’t understand AT ALL why XP has not given users the option to revert back to the previous software version, ESPECIALLY if XP is saying that none of the changes were essential to proper detector operation going forward.  Just a bizarre response…SMH

• Like 3

3 hours ago, slyworld said:

Anyway.......even if you don't trust me, V0.7 will be out soon so, wait for it and perhaps we will meet again to discuss about changes here or in the french forum (detecteur.net)

hope the best for you and your D2,

see you !

What is v0.7 supposed to be ?

1 hour ago, Bill (S. CA) said:

I don't have a Deus II yet but a friend of mine does and he did the update.  His Deus was very noisy afterwards so he contacted XP directly via email about any changes that might cause this because of the update.  He was told all they changed was the large numbers and adding Chinese language.  They suggested the problem could be EMI.  Hope this helps everyone.

Also, I am a little surprised that Calabash Digger hasn't addressed this since he has spoken about every aspect of the Deus II so far.  Maybe someone who knows him could ask him his opinion which he doesn't seem shy about sharing, right?

Bill

He did a video about this.  He says the depth hasn’t changed.  

• Like 4