Update

Carolina

1 minute ago, Sandheron said:

Would having differing electronic components across different machines be the cause? Chip shortages may have forced a change in components/processor manufacturer. 

Just guessing here. 

I have no idea. I am one who experienced depth change. Sunday I will test with my friend who has not done an update. Possibility it was the conditions, operator error or not. I will be the first to admit any faults. Calabash’s video was a good one even though being his normal snarky self Lol. He is a credit to the industry.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Carolina said:

I have no idea. I am one who experienced depth change. Sunday I will test with my friend who has not done an update. Possibility it was the conditions, operator error or not. I will be the first to admit any faults. Calabash’s video was a good one even though being his normal snarky self Lol. He is a credit to the industry.

Have you simply try to re-update your remote control ? maybe it could fix your problem...

• Like 1

It would be nice if the rumors could be validated...Testing and re testing by the people saying they have a problem....I really like the big numbers change that everyone was asking for...and of course the X/Y graph has always been one of my favorite XP ideas...Kinda funny they forgot to include Chinese language...I mean they have more people then anyone else.

strick 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, palzynski said:

I dont see any difference between the Nox and the D2 on deep coins on my bed test.  I have a clean and soft signal on a 10g bronze coin at 11" , with the D2 GENERAL , PARK or DEEP HC modes ...   Similar result with an Equinox 800 11" . My soil is moderately mineralized .   

I am wondering if you dont have an issue with your D2 , faulty coil  or other ... or EMI? 

We are getting off topic but no, I don’t think it's an issue with the machine. On 5 tone programs the lower tones bleed over into the higher tones creating a terrible sound. 

Just now, diggindaboot said:

I kept my Deus 2 after all. Did the update and did lose depth. Downloaded again and it appears to be working just fine. Love the big numbers btw.

How are you able to download again? Do you not just get a message that says you have the current version?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, midalake said:

How are you able to download again? Do you not just get a message that says you have the current version?

No, You can redo the update process as many time as you want with the same version

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, diggindaboot said:

I kept my Deus 2 after all. Did the update and did lose depth. Downloaded again and it appears to be working just fine. Love the big numbers btw.

Well, if this is the case it explains a lot.  Since it's known that there were at least two 0.6 versions, maybe there are three (or more) and the latest fixes the bugs from a previous faulty update.  And if all this is true, I'm sure those who ridiculed others for their ineptness will step up and admit they erred at doing so....  No over-inflated, "I can do no wrong" egos in metal detecting.

In any event, it certainly seems that calling multiple releases or versions with the exact same name isn't good practice, as others here have been saying from the beginning.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, diggindaboot said:

2 hours ago, slyworld said:

No, You can redo the update process as many time as you want with the same version

So diggindaboot’s experience is interesting.

slyworld is correct that you can rerun the update at will.  Not surprising as XP does not seem to be overly concerned about disciplined version configuration control or publicizing user change logs.  As such, it is very possible XP identified and corrected the issues in the second “version” of 0.6 and issued a third “version” 0.6 (If XP can’t recognize how ridiculous this statement is as I read it now, we may be in for some interesting times with XP D2 updates).  

Even if there isn’t a third variant of 0.6 out there, if you’ve already upgraded and think you are experiencing performance issues, I don’t think you can make things worse by redoing the update - other than running updates always come with an element of risk that a glitch during the update process can lock up or brick the device you are updating and the fact your custom programs are wiped when you update and you have to re-pair the headphones.

[Ha ha, GB, great minds think alike! I was in the midst of drafting and posting my reply and hadn’t yet seen your post above]

• Like 3