Update

Carolina

1 hour ago, GB_Amateur said:

Well, if this is the case it explains a lot.  Since it's known that there were at least two 0.6 versions, maybe there are three (or more) and the latest fixes the bugs from a previous faulty update.  And if all this is true, I'm sure those who ridiculed others for their ineptness will step up and admit they erred at doing so....  No over-inflated, "I can do no wrong" egos in metal detecting.

In any event, it certainly seems that calling multiple releases or versions with the exact same name isn't good practice, as others here have been saying from the beginning.

The actual version is dated from the 11th of march so normally before Gary release his vidéo about big numbers.

8 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

How do can you view that date stamp?

Go into "OPTION" then "SETTINGS" then "INFOS" then press the middle button et voila ! :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Chase Goldman said:

Thank you! Otherwise, all you get is a brief flash of the firmware sub-version # during the update process (e.g., 00066B).

lol, it's not a firmware sub-version, it's the serial number of your remote control 😉 you can access this number in the same screen as I described and in the startup screen under the Déus II logo.

7 minutes ago, slyworld said:

lol, it's not a firmware sub-version, it's the serial number of your remote control 😉 you can access this number in the same screen as I described and in the startup screen under the Déus II logo.

Glad you’re finding it funny…no explanation of what that number was during the updating process so with XP’s poor documentation leaves the user continuously guessing what’s going on.  It’s laughable alright, but not in a good way…

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Glad you’re finding it funny…no explanation of what that number was during the updating process so with XP’s poor documentation leaves the user continuously guessing what’s going on.  It’s laughable alright, but not in a good way…

Sorry, I didn't want to upset you....but to be fair, if you look carefully at the startup screen, you notice under the "Déus II" logo, on the left the actual version preceded by a "V:" stand for version and on the right, this 6 digits/caracters preceded by a "SN:" who stand for serial number.

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

So diggindaboot’s experience is interesting.

slyworld is correct that you can rerun the update at will.  Not surprising as XP does not seem to be overly concerned about disciplined version configuration control or publicizing user change logs.  As such, it is very possible XP identified and corrected the issues in the second “version” of 0.6 and issued a third “version” 0.6 (If XP can’t recognize how ridiculous this statement is as I read it now, we may be in for some interesting times with XP D2 updates).  

Even if there isn’t a third variant of 0.6 out there, if you’ve already upgraded and think you are experiencing performance issues, I don’t think you can make things worse by redoing the update - other than running updates always come with an element of risk that a glitch during the update process can lock up or brick the device you are updating and the fact your custom programs are wiped when you update and you have to re-pair the headphones.

[Ha ha, GB, great minds think alike! I was in the midst of drafting and posting my reply and hadn’t yet seen your post above]

I for one am a bit update skidish at the moment 🤣

11 minutes ago, slyworld said:

Sorry, I didn't want to upset you....but to be fair, if you look carefully at the startup screen, you notice under the "Déus II" logo, on the left the actual version preceded by a "V:" stand for version and on the right, this 6 digits/caracters preceded by a "SN:" who stand for serial number.

Yeah, I figured that out when I had a chance to check the RC “Infos” screen but you had already posted so it was insult to injury.  Glad I now have some configuration data (date stamp) so I can compare “updated” and “non-updated” version 0.6 variants because XP can’t be bothered to increment version numbers, so thanks again for that…you know, “to be fair”.

• Like 1

I myself did not notice any difference in performance after large ID v0.6 so I thought you all cray cray but maybe not now. lol

Just checked and I had the large ID firmware v0.6 dated 08-03-2022

Updated again to check and found v0.6 dated 11-03-2022 hmmmmm lol No personal program or pairing lost this time which is great. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2