Update

Carolina

I’ve not done any updates so what’s the consensus among everyone?  is doing the update recommended now or hold off ?  

1 hour ago, palzynski said:

Yes I noticed this,  the D2 conductivity scale seems to be compressed for high conductors and extended for lower ones . Not a pb for me as I only hunt by hear and never look at the VDIs but the D2 cond scale seems to be very different from a Vanquish or an Equinox for example ...

Yes.  I posted about this a while back. Maybe they could add a program where high conductors have more TID range.  For US users all the silver coins are ringing up mainly from 90-96.  

Here’s what I said a while back:

Initial thoughts:  I really like the lightweight and ergonomics of the deus2.   My nox feels like a tank in comparison (11” coil).  As far as performance goes, and me being a silver coin hunter, I feel the silver range on the deus is more compressed than the nox.  Silver range on deus2 is about 90-96.  The silver range on the nox is 26/27-35/36.  Both of these ranges are for dime to half dollar. As Steve said in another post the deus seems to be made more for beach hunting with an expanded low to mid conductor range that would work well on gold rings. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, relicmeister said:

I’ve not done any updates so what’s the consensus among everyone?  is doing the update recommended now or hold off ?  

Hold off until there are more reports here from those who experienced problems before but who now have the 3-11 variant that those issues appear to be resolved.

I'll have A-B results between the "original" and the "3-11" versions of 0.6 software by Monday.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I  updated mine again. It has the new timestamp and this time it didn't lose pairing with the pinpointer and wsa. I wasn't sure if that  was normal to happen the first time I updated since I am new to XP. 

• Like 4

I did the update and noticed no difference ..  however in the past I have had an issue with the way my computer installed the download and had to redownload the update which worked perfectly.  May just be a bug in the first download.  Try it again.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, basstrackerman said:

I did the update and noticed no difference ..  however in the past I have had an issue with the way my computer installed the download and had to redownload the update which worked perfectly.  May just be a bug in the first download.  Try it again.  

I used the same download and the time stamp changed from 8/3/22 to 11/3/22. V.6 has been changed at Deus and now is the only version offered for Deus ll. Before they offered 4 updates.

• Like 3

On 3/16/2022 at 5:43 AM, Carolina said:

This update has caused the same results for myself and one other friend. Loss of depth and no matter if using XY, Horseshoe or large number profile screen at times now, a strong signal results with no TID only dashed lines which did not happen before loading the new version v0.06. Adding this new profile certainly changed the performance of our machines. Since this profile was just added to the old v0.06 rather than applying a new v0.07, I see no way to return to the old version once you install the new v0.06. This is upsetting to say the least.

Reactivity is both recovery and transmit power. Set it to zero. 

Just now, Chase Goldman said:

First: That statement technically/factually incorrect.  Second:  Has nothing to to with the issue at hand.

It's absolutely correct, and if you don't believe me, just try yourself, as others have done. Second, he lost depth, and so I said make sure he is at reactivity zero, so that his transmit power is high -- since he complained that his depth is less now.

34 minutes ago, shopkins1994 said:

Reactivity is both recovery and transmit power. Set it to zero. 

WTH ? 🙈. No offense but you need to go back and read the thread. We all understand the controls. It’s the new update v.6 time date stamp 08-3-22 causing the issue. It seems Deus understands as now we have v.6 time date stamp 11-3-22 which we all hope corrects the issues. Dang Chase, some people’s kids 🤣. After watching his video just for fun, I think there may be a language issue here. If so I apologize for my rudeness.

• Like 2