Update

Carolina

16 hours ago, shopkins1994 said:

It's absolutely correct, and if you don't believe me, just try yourself, as others have done. Second, he lost depth, and so I said make sure he is at reactivity zero, so that his transmit power is high -- since he complained that his depth is less now.

Heck's no, Sir.

First of all - he reported the problems before and after a software update using the exact same settings before and after and lost depth.  Second, he was probably in one of the Beach modes which have 0 reactivity as the default.

With all due respect, transmit power is not the reason the signal strength increases in your video. It's the increased audio processing time of the target signal afforded by the lower recovery speed (please see the screens hots from the Deus manual below).  The target signal duration is not cut off in anticipation of the next possible target encounter by the coil.

On Deus 1, which was a single frequency detector. you could actually independently adjust reactivity and transmit power.  Do you know why?  Because they are independent of one another.

Please show me where it's documented that transmit power is affected by the reactivity setting on D2.

Also your 0 reactivity all the time recommendations are misguided and are refuted by the manual as shown below and in the following quote:

"In terms of pure performance, the greatest detection ranges are obtained with low reactivity levels. However, you will find more targets and detect deeper on mineralized ground with medium or high reactivity levels so do not just rely on performance in the air."

1330097604_SmartSelect_20220319-183342_AdobeAcrobat.thumb.jpg.11078d3c70ac7427532026c2fc068546.jpg

1760295856_SmartSelect_20220319-183457_AdobeAcrobat.thumb.jpg.2f900b70735e53d288c2fd489f0f4108.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Please show me where it's documented that transmit power is affected by the reactivity setting on D2.

You're right, Transmit power is fixed with the Déus II.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, slyworld said:

You're right, Transmit power is fixed with the Déus II.

Is there a transmit power increase in Deep HC and Diving mode? I wonder if in Mono Frequency also. I base these questions on suggested battery life in manual.

28 minutes ago, 1moar said:

Is there a transmit power increase in Deep HC and Diving mode? I wonder if in Mono Frequency also. I base these questions on suggested battery life in manual.

On the Déus 2, you can't adjust the transmit power like on the Déus 1 but compare to it, the transmit power have been increased on the Déus 2, even in the mono program !

Regarding the battery life difference between multi-frequency programs, It's more a question of frequency : the lower you go, the shorter you last. So Deep HC and Diving use lower frequencies compare to all other programs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1moar said:

Detectors electromagnetic fields in the ground behaves like cars headlights in the fog . It is not because you increase your headlights power that you will see further ... 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, palzynski said:

Detectors electromagnetic fields in the ground behaves like cars headlights in the fog . It is not because you increase your headlights power that you will see further ... 

Of course yes ! absolutly agree with you :) but if you have more accurate eyes, this more powerfull lights will help you to see further 😉 and that exactly what the Déus 2 have : some more precise components that increase the signal/noise ratio 😄

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, slyworld said:

Of course yes ! absolutly agree with you 🙂 but if you have more accurate eyes, this more powerfull lights will help you to see further 😉 and that exactly what the Déus 2 have : some more precise components that increase the signal/noise ratio 😄

Sorry I cant change my eyes , unless I go to Lourdes and there is a miracle ... 🙂 

But as the detector's name is Deus who knows what may happen ... 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, palzynski said:

Sorry I cant change my eyes , unless I go to Lourdes and there is a miracle ... 🙂 

But as the detector's name is Deus who knows what may happen ... 🙂

by the way, XP is the monogram that designates Jesus.

• Like 2