Update

Carolina

2 hours ago, relicmeister said:

What I don’t find ( or understand) in the manual, I usually will find here in the postings of this forums very knowledgeable members. I’m sure I’ll get an XP Deus 2 book as soon as it’s published. I can’t imagine one not being written. 

Me too! On this forum I find the answers or almost to my questions, sometimes even unexpected answers, technical, practical ect... The same questions on the French sites do not always find an echo, on the English sites more, but Detector Prospector concentrates the English-speaking detection practitioners of ANY type of detection. I also think that Steve Hersbach has this capacity to federate and to question himself, it's this soul that I like.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SwiftSword said:

I'm a relative beginner using an advanced machine, and am well aware that I have a steep learning curve to climb.....

I would not recommend the D2 for a total beginner . I think that the D2 is too sophisticated for a beginner unless he is in a detection club where people can help to tell how to use the machine ...

If I had an advice for a beginner using a D2 , it would be to start only using the P1 GENERAL factory mode without trying to change the other settings , except basic ones like ground balance and general volume.  And only after a few months try other modes and expert settings ..

• Like 2

I should have been more specific 😄 I do have a year of experience using a Vanquish 540 in a variety of terrains, and I'm familiar with many of the concepts (though certainly not all) I got the D2 as something to "grow into". But growing is tough when the textbook is lacking. 

• Like 1

On 3/17/2022 at 1:24 PM, slyworld said:

Hi everyone !

First of all, I'm a beta tester of the Déus II

Your feedback with this new version 0.6 have challenged me so I took some news directly from XP and I had confirmation that this version is only a little update just to add the chinese language and give them a little "bonus" as the big TID.

So don't worry about this new version, no discrimination change, no performance change, no EMI sensitivity change, nothing except chinese language and the big TID screen 🙂

sincerely yours.

Hi Slyword, we noticed that the Theshold function on Déus II was more of a gadget than a real Threshold function because even when passing an object near the coil, this function was still emitting a continuous sound. 
For all the detectorists who on the beach, on the goldfiels and on the relics we have this feeling of a useless function and unsuited to our detection mode.
As you made returns towards XP, was it evoked a modification of the function Threshold so that it is more effective? on this thread you will find the infos.
https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/forum/61-xp-deus-ii-forum/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SwiftSword said:

Oh yes, I'm all for learning by doing! It just goes so much better when there is some guidance or reference material that explains why I'm doing something. Otherwise you only learn what you have discovered, and nothing else. That may not be the best, or intended, way to do things, and it's a great way to miss out on features. I'd like to understand what I'm doing, so that I can get the most out of the machine. 

DO NOT CUT YOURSELF SHORT!!! 

You have been a detectorist for apparently quite a while. The D2 manual is fantastic in explaining the different modes and Max frequencies used. Just save the General Max 40KHZ, the Park Max 24KHZ and the deep HC max 14 KHZ and tweek them to your liking where you hunt. I find the machine very intuitive once you learn the menu and the features. Just get out on your favorite ground and play with every signal you find in the different modes. Chase Goldman is a great resource when you may get stuck! Don't let the machines complexity get the best of you. Should be the other way around in short time.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, la torche said:

Hi Slyword, we noticed that the Theshold function on Déus II was more of a gadget than a real Threshold function because even when passing an object near the coil, this function was still emitting a continuous sound. 
For all the detectorists who on the beach, on the goldfiels and on the relics we have this feeling of a useless function and unsuited to our detection mode.
As you made returns towards XP, was it evoked a modification of the function Threshold so that it is more effective? on this thread you will find the infos.

I have liked using Threshold on my other detectors. The D2 threshold doesn't give the results in the "Break" my other machines gave me. I am however, finding I don't really need it on the D2. Just my opinion FWIW.

2 hours ago, la torche said:

Me too! On this forum I find the answers or almost to my questions, sometimes even unexpected answers, technical, practical ect... The same questions on the French sites do not always find an echo, on the English sites more, but Detector Prospector concentrates the English-speaking detection practitioners of ANY type of detection. I also think that Steve Hersbach has this capacity to federate and to question himself, it's this soul that I like.

Well said my friend!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SwiftSword said:

I should have been more specific 😄 I do have a year of experience using a Vanquish 540 in a variety of terrains, and I'm familiar with many of the concepts (though certainly not all) I got the D2 as something to "grow into". But growing is tough when the textbook is lacking. 

I know very well the 540 I have used it during one ot two years ... You can "simulate" a Vanquish with your D2 using it on P1 GENERAL, SQUARE and 5 tones .

The D2 is just much faster and reactive , with a much better iron filtering , and of course lighter than the ML . And it is eventually easier to use than the Vanquish in iron trashed areas, even using this GENERAL mode ... 

Probably you have already seen the difference ... 🙂

HH

• Like 1

12 hours ago, la torche said:

Hi !

Yes, I have heard this behavior few days ago but I'm not using this function in the field so I didn't know if it's normal or not... I notified them of your suggestions, thanks you :)

• Like 2