White's MX Sport - Sweet Home, We Have A Problem

Wow! Interesting ...and sad. Like many, my first was a Whites in the 70s. Had it about 4 months, then was stolen. Wasnt till 2000 I got another detector. But all those years, I would see guys in a park, and recognize that blue box.

Really want them to get back on top. Im the kind of guy that tries to buy American products...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Potomac run said:

All i can add is i found stuff with it in the relic program! have not tried any of the others yet. 

Yes, the MX Sport can and will find stuff, and as Paul has been reporting may have exceptional performance if set up just right. In other areas......

I really hated making that post – it was like kicking an old friend when they are down. I do think vigorous competition is good for all of us and I really do want White's to excel. It actually has me kind of bummed out.

• Like 5

I must say this is not what I wanted to hear being I just got my MX Sport yesterday. I did get the 6 x 10 DD coil with it and plan on it being the main one. I've never been happy with the stock coil that always comes with White's detectors. I'm not saying they don't have a place but where you have lots of trash give me the smaller coil.

I've yet to get out to test it being it was late when UPS arrive and I had to go out of town today. I did notice if you get past 5 on the SEN. you get this cracking sound. My Eagle 2 won't do that.

Maybe it would be good if White's had about a hundred of the MXS coming back in the door saying fix it. Just maybe White's would say we have screwed up bad and we need to correct the problem now.

We can talk all day until we're blue in the face but you and I can't fix the problem. Send it back and tell the powers that be what it's not doing like they said it would and you want it working correct. 

I hope every one of you are wrong because I wanted it to be so right. You sure it's waterproof ?

Chuck

Maybe yours works just great Chuck. I would love for that to be the case. I am not trying to prove anything and just as I have apologized to John I would apologize to White's in a heartbeat if I am off base on this. I actually hope that is the case. Mine is just one opinion on one machine and I hate for it to carry undue weight. Looking forward to your report Chuck for sure.

There will be a 6x10 and 950 coil coming or should be available as we speak . . . . I had the chance to test both and saw a notable difference over the stock coil.  Of course with both of the optional coils not being solid, it will make them difficult to use in the water.

6 minutes ago, Jackpine said:

On another forum there are 2 different dealers advertising barely used ones for sale.

I have also seen nearly new one's for sale online already.  

3 hours ago, Andy Sabisch said:

There will be a 6x10 and 950 coil coming or should be available as we speak . . . . I had the chance to test both and saw a notable difference over the stock coil.  Of course with both of the optional coils not being solid, it will make them difficult to use in the water.

ridge runner said his came with a 6x10.  

but what is best one if all you was going to do is relic hunt? 

Personally I have always been partial to the 6x10 and 4x6 coils for relic hunting with my MXT Pro.  But not sure if I would make a switch to the Sport from the Pro if I already had the Pro . . . more coils available and a proven performer.  The MX Sport offers a number of adjustments and features not found on the MXT Pro but as some have indicated, it does have some issues with the stock DD coil that it comes with.  There have been posts about using the prospecting mode with VCO turned off and selecting 2 tones . . . there will be some tweaking for each person based on site, conditions and preferences. 

As more get out there, there will be more feedback - positive and not so positive . . . . all of which can help in the buying decision