White's MX Sport - Sweet Home, We Have A Problem

I was charged $32 to have the MXS shipped to me from my distributor that is just 258 miles from me.  As a dealer selling a discounted machine there is not much profit in a mid range machine.  The lower end machines are even worse. 

I always push the M6 and all flavors of the MXT's because they never had any issues and just worked.  I thought the MXS was going to be the machine I would now push - but I cannot.  I will wait to see what guts they put in the next MXS's frame.  But for now I'm done with the MXS's.

• Like 2

Khouse

When you get back your MX Sport I'd say you weathered the storm. I do believe you will be happy with the MX. I know I am. I know we get to a point that enough is enough but White's never said the word no. That is the reason I too didn't get off this ride you and I have both been on.

If can get your hands on one of the 950 concentric coils. I did and I love it for coin hunting.

The Best to you.

Chuck

I do have the 950 coil but as you know it floats like a cork!  I only want the MXS for water and a loaner machine.  I already have a land coin and relic machine.  There should absolutely be zero non upgraded machines on anyones shelves.  But there it was right at my distributor which was sent to me. Jeez....

"Haven't logged on in a while - where are we regarding the MX Sport now?"

I would say the last dozen posts about covers it. People keep reporting buying new units from dealers and getting old stock. Here is the latest just posted on White's own forum and Facebook page http://forums.whiteselectronics.com/showthread.php?76067-New-Firmware&p=990769&viewfull=1#post990769

"I called the dealer before my order shipped to verify they would be shipping me one that either already had the firmware update or was a new production unit. Dealer assured me they didn't have any of the old firmware versions in stock. Well they sent me one with the original firmware with the tone smearing issues. I verified this with White's and through testing. Now I have to waste time sending it in for the update which is very frustrating considering I took measures to avoid having to do this."

and this http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,108553

I like mine! But, I think the pin pointer function is strange, sometimes it produces no sound, but indicates depth. Is that a problem? Maybe I don't really understand how to use it. Seems to have good depth, and if I do the lift the coil trick, the id works pretty good. And where the heck is the center of the cone? I would think it's the center of the coil, right. I like the design too.I don't really like the metal box type, with all the switches that get bumped, though I have one.

gambler

Oh yes that is a problem on the pinpoint with no sound. Out of the four one did have that trouble.

I had to send it in to get repaired. I guess you can start singing ON the Road Again. My MX will hit White's tomorrow to get the crack face replaced

For the time I've used it it has been a pleasure. It's sad a great detector got such a bad start from day one. What should of could of is history for the most part now.

The only thing I know for sure is White's will fix it.

Chuck

Many reports on the firmware note that the pinpoint, modulation, VCO and iron grunt controls either do nothing or do not work as people expect that they should. The pinpoint function apparently works at full sensitivity levels, but when you turn the sensitivity down pinpoint mode loses depth faster than the hunt modes - meaning the pinpoint function does not detect as deep as the hunt mode, rendering it somewhat useless.

It has been hard to get a definitive answer in whether all these functions have been fixed in the latest firmware version and are working as would be expected by knowledgeable users. The latest reports are not encouraging.

http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,109708

http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,109780

OFFICIAL WHITE'S RESPONSE TO ISSUES 7/20/16 - http://forums.whiteselectronics.com/showthread.php?76138-MX-Sport-Screen-inspection

"If your SAT goes to "EIGHT" and you "DO NOT" have any cracks in the clear part of the display, DO NOT send it in for updating.

If your SAT only goes to (6), and/or... you "do have" cracks in your display, DO send it in for updating.

As mentioned prior, the serial number sequence will not tell a person if it needs to be updated, nor if display cracks are possible.

We are sorry for all this and are working hard to resolve any and all issues as quickly as possible.

Again, 

"EIGHT" SAT, no cracks, NO need for updating.

(6) SAT, and/or cracks, DO send it in for updating."

ACCORDING TO INFORMATION ON THE THREAD THERE IS NO WAY TO DETERMINE VISUALLY OR VIA SERIAL NUMBER WHETHER THE SCREEN WILL CRACK BEFORE HAND.

• Like 1

My distributor is taking my MXS back with full refund plus they are covering the shipping as well.  I can't say enough about my distributor.  Honest nice folks trying to scratch out a living.  This MXS came off of Whites latest shipments to the distributor.  Whites told them that all new machines have all the updates.  Well I guess except mine and Craigs and maybe yours???????? 

1 hour ago, khouse said:

My distributor is taking my MXS back with full refund plus they are covering the shipping as well.  I can't say enough about my distributor.  Honest nice folks trying to scratch out a living.  This MXS came off of Whites latest shipments to the distributor.  Whites told them that all new machines have all the updates.  Well I guess except mine and Craigs and maybe yours???????? 

Well I did get it back yesterday and whatever update they are on now it pretty dialed in.  It's a shame it's a heavy breast at 1.7 oz more than my etrac.  Performance is top shelf now.  But I'm too soured to care.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked