X Y Screen Question

DanU

I have noticed a few times where on the XY screen the line is a solid perfectly horizontal line in the middle.  Doesn't seem to matter on the TID, some representing good numbers, some junk numbers and sometimes no TID number.  Is this some type of error?

Horizontal line in the middle means coke, mineralized ceramics, hot rocks and similar..first screen on D1 and second on D2..it’s from Italian D2 manual but it’s the same..

1025633F-EA2D-4B04-BD24-5DB7B8594891.jpeg

5063393A-EA90-496B-8857-F26D02EF7042.jpeg

• Like 1

Just took a photo while I was pumping my hot rock over the coil..

E2B78BC4-38F4-4256-9E04-26A2FCDF25F7.jpeg

• Like 2

The X/Y screen has been a favorite of mine to use on my D1. I’m looking forward to using it on the D2.

Thanks for posting.

• Like 2

On 17/03/2022 at 13:23, DanU said:

Merci! Maintenant c'est logique !

On sites with an ancient human occupation this horizontal line is very interesting. Ancient iron objects, spears etc. but also baked ceramics and statues. Do not "read" this indication as essentially rust.

• Like 1

I always used XY graphic with hot Gary program on V4.0 firmware.  But it has been my favourite one since Gary created cold/hot programs with 3.2 firmware. In my opinion full tones are amazing on low mineralized. Instead, things are different on hot soils..

• Like 1

I am still having a tough time with tones.  I only have just over 30 hrs of swinging, so I will continue to try to get them down.  My hearing doesn't help.  I find the XY screen very helpful for coin shooting in modern trashy parks.  On the beach, I dig almost everything.  I am finding the XY screen very helpful for bottle caps that come in with the same TID as a coin and foil.  I am now pretty good at predicting what I will find when I dig it up.  Will be much faster if I can get the tones down.

• Like 1

You could try bottle caps function. Range is from 0 to 5. In areas full of trash could help you..

• The title was changed to X Y Screen Question