Threshold Issue

Ogliuga

Hi all, I noticed that D2 threshold which I select when I’m in pitch is useless. It’s a steady hum, without any variation, not even on discriminated iron. I love threshold and, in my opinion, D2 hum is useless. What’s your opinion about this?

It’s a shame. I hope XP will fix this issue because, in this way, threshold is absolutely useless. I think it’s something extra on deep targets. Threshold on my pulse can definitely help. On v3i as well. I think that it doesn’t make sense in this way..

2 hours ago, Ogliuga said:

What’s your opinion about this?

I still own three analogs, one of them being a pulse.

The "disconnected" treshold is a digital curse, making it useless for the purpose to hear a faint wisper.

On the other hand, there's a screen to understand a little what's under. It just need some patience for people like Us which hunted by ears for at least a decade.

• Like 1

The threshold is a baseline, anything above it is a signal.

The threshold is optional, if you don't like it fair enough, leave it off.

Personally I like it, especially on quiet sites, you know the machine is still switched on 😁

• Like 5

Yes, I like to hear noise from the machine as well because noise tells me that machine is alive. Ok, no problem but that’s not the hum I know. I’ll not select it anymore because in this way is useless. But it doesn’t matter..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skullgolddiver said:

I still own three analogs, one of them being a pulse.

The "disconnected" treshold is a digital curse, making it useless for the purpose to hear a faint wisper.

On the other hand, there's a screen to understand a little what's under. It just need some patience for people like Us which hunted by ears for at least a decade.

I don’t know...disconnected threshold (in my language “null di soglia”) in my opinion warns of the presence of a deep target...as far as my type of research is concerned, a hum variation can be a very deep object. Rarely but I have happened to dig deep targets with a threshold variation..

23 hours ago, Gary XP said:

The threshold is a baseline, anything above it is a signal.

The threshold is optional, if you don't like it fair enough, leave it off.

Personally I like it, especially on quiet sites, you know the machine is still switched on 😁

Sorry Gary, I was reading again your post. When you say that anything above the hum is a signal, what do you think of the hum variations and its “interruption”?

I didn't notice this until you pointed it out Ogliuga and indeed there is no break in the Threshold when passing over a target. The XP Threshold is a useless continuous sound. I'll have to get used to it too, I'm used to coming out of the beach with buzzes. These messages are read by XP's ears, maybe they will be heard, a real Threshold function is a real plus on the beach. So I vote +1

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, la torche said:

I didn't notice this until you pointed it out Ogliuga and indeed there is no break in the Threshold when passing over a target. The XP Threshold is a useless continuous sound. I'll have to get used to it too, I'm used to coming out of the beach with buzzes. These messages are read by XP's ears, maybe they will be heard, a real Threshold function is a real plus on the beach. So I vote +1

It’s my same thought. Yes, “break” is the right term. My opinion is exactly the same. Anyway I’m sure XP will fix it..