Eye Candy

23 hours ago, klunker said:

I think we need to bribe Strick and get him to reveal his source.

you know the ole sayin everything has a price lol 

Pictures like that make me want to switch from relic hunting to prospecting! 

Never had tried gold detecting, one of these days I'll like to give it a try with the EQX800. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Pictures like that make me want to switch from relic hunting to prospecting! 

Never had tried gold detecting, one of these days I'll like to give it a try with the EQX800. 

Well Brian I'm sure you would take right to it...you have a keen ear I've hunted with you before...you would have no trouble plucking out nuggets from mother earth... If you liked it then you would want to buy a good PI to complement the Nox. When people ask me about metal detecting I always tell them that gold (nuggets) is the hardest thing to find due to the small size of most of them...it's a different deal then looking for coins jewelry and relics. It can be very frustrating due to the gold to trash ratio. And then theres the the real problem at least for me  is that I'm just a detectorist... I'm not a prospector. It's a long road to understand the geology of an area and  types of rocks where you may find or not find gold...plus being able to understand your surroundings what the old timers were doing in a particular area. For me it's all very confusing at times and thats when I want to go back to coin and relic hunting lol 

strick 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, strick said:

Well Brian I'm sure you would take right to it...you have a keen ear I've hunted with you before...you would have no trouble plucking out nuggets from mother earth... If you liked it then you would want to buy a good PI to complement the Nox. When people ask me about metal detecting I always tell them that gold (nuggets) is the hardest thing to find due to the small size of most of them...it's a different deal then looking for coins jewelry and relics. It can be very frustrating due to the gold to trash ratio. And then theres the the real problem at least for me  is that I'm just a detectorist... I'm not a prospector. It's a long road to understand the geology of an area and  types of rocks where you may find or not find gold...plus being able to understand your surroundings what the old timers were doing in a particular area. For me it's all very confusing at times and thats when I want to go back to coin and relic hunting lol 

strick 

It's definitely an entirely different ballgame for sure.   I've heard folks say that detecting for natural gold is the most difficult sector of metal detecting, and it's common to get skunked.  Still, odds stacked against me, it would still be worth the experience to give it a try one of these days.   Not sure I need a PI though haha  Maybe when they finally make a discriminating PI I'll get one and I can use it for gold and relics 🙂

• Like 5

Not mine…. Unfortunately.

I cynically questioned the authenticity of this but have since had a couple of messages assuring that the find is genuine and the Finder took it to his local Minelab store who took the picture on there display machine…

And yes definitely with the11” coil.

Oh and in WA….l sorry…

CE7E008F-1368-4B0A-8C6C-7185F3687C1D.png

• Like 6