Meadview Az Back To Montana

You are living a life I could only dream about. Thanks for sharing the details of the experience. I don' think I could drop everything and live out of a tent full time. What a shame about being confronted with a guy pointing a gun at you. Good choice going with the Taurus.

• Like 2

Great report, thanks Reese, and beautiful gold. 0.6 g in 15 inch depth with the 17 inch coil is impressive. It is such a great coil in the open field, also because it remains almost as sensitive as the 11 inch coil to fast surface targets. I admire your endurance. I don't know of many detectorists here in the US who live from what they find under their coil. Looking forward to catch up again soon, and good luck!

GC

PS: I always have a little body cam with me when I am out there. You want to make sure you have video evidence in case of a self defense encounter. This can make a big difference in where you will be spending the next decades of your life. Hope this will never happen to you though, nor to anyone for that matter. 

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, Gold Catcher said:

Great report, thanks Reese, and beautiful gold. 0.6 g in 15 inch depth with the 17 inch coil is impressive. It is such a great coil in the open field, also because it remains almost as sensitive as the 11 inch coil to fast surface targets. I admire your endurance. I don't know of many detectorists here in the US who live from what they find under their coil. Looking forward to catch up again soon, and good luck!

GC

PS: I always have a little body cam with me when I am out there. You want to make sure you have video evidence in case of a self defense encounter. This can make a big difference in where you will be spending the next decades of your life. Hope this will never happen to you though, nor to anyone for that matter. 

Thought of the same, besides a record of evidence, a body cam can also be a convenient documentary maker- Reese, your writing style and adventures would make another great book and perhaps a documentary.  Good luck to you, enjoying the updates!

• Like 3

very cool.
sounds like you are living the dream.
it seems like you left Meadview just as the weather is getting nice and going
off to the cold of Montana. was it the wind that had you pack up and move
or just wanting to get a early start in Montana.
i am thinking of doing something similar in a few years, but with a small toy hauler
as i know that camping in a tent with high winds can be rough.

• Like 1

Nice going Reese, continued good luck, please keep up with your reports

PS. I have a toy hauler but still tent camp a lot. 

• Like 1

Bishop, I headed back to Montana early because of the gas prices. In some gas stations there gas prices range from $4.59 - $5.89 I think. At Chevron regular unleaded is $5.25. also I really don't like snakes. Ironically I am in an area in Montana with a worse problem with rattlesnakes.

• Like 1

Thanks for the report.  I'd like to know more about the GSSN incident as I've been a current and past member.

What are gas prices in Montana?

Glad you had some luck for all your troubles and that is a nice tent. I see that you have tie downs below that bottom half of the tent, is there a way to set some anchor places on the top so that it can be tied off better.

Thanks for sharing the trip and glad to see the pictures of the area.

Good luck on your next trip.