Meadview Az Back To Montana

7 hours ago, geof_junk said:

Prices here in Victoria. Aus is Equivalent to $5.80 US gallon ($2.07 AUD per Litre) But prices have dropped a bit from it's high a week ago.

California: $6.1 /gallon (SF Bay Area)

Germany: EU 8.3, US $ 9.1 / gallon (!)

(now you know why cars like the 4Runner are not being sold in Europe...)

https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/Germany/gasoline_prices/

Reese, do you have a solar panel for your Jackery? Next time you buy a solar generator get the Ecoflow Delta. It's about the same price but 1800W with 3300 W surge (1200 Wh). Charges from 0-100 in less than 2h and you can run microwave and coffee machine with it.

GC

• Like 1

Nice job !!! you found what I missed !!!!! Haha !!!!!!!

Going to tent camp a lot this year, and who knows how long fuel price will remain this high, as long as fuel prices like they are I will leave my 38 ft. toy hauler behind. Good luck Reese.

• Like 1

Thanks Andreas, I looked into them. They seem a little bigger footprint than the Jackery. Yes I got solar panels. I can run my fridge/freezer, my computer, charge headphones, detector and my phone all at the same time. It even charges well on cloudy days. I have had zero issues with my Jackery. I will look into the body cams. That seems like a better way than go pro. GoPro sucks.

• Like 1

Well I had a couple really good days 8 on one day and today I got 15.  

IMG_20220320_163520119.jpg

IMG_20220320_163344050.jpg

IMG_20220322_172524998.jpg

IMG_20220320_163457530.jpg

IMG_20220322_083759758.jpg

IMG_20220322_083811541.jpg

• Like 7
  • Oh my! 1

Valens, The tent doesn't require tie downs up higher. It has a 10' tall center pole. It can handle 55mph winds. I know this for a fact. I have heard it can handle 65-70. I don't want to find out My stove pipe seemed like it was close to toppling over from the wind. That would have been bad as I had a fire going at the time. Got tie wire to anchor it down as well.

Mn90403, the guy was hiding his gun to his side while chambering a round, I could see it, barely, then pointed it back behind his truck for me to see I guess, then he stood by his passenger door looking nervous and kept turning around in circles pretending he didn't see me. I had stopped detecting and just stood there starring at him. I wasn't going to keep detecting with him standing roughly 50 yards from me, in the open. Allen from Allen's Prospecting channel said he know who that is and that he is shady and a little nuts. He said he has pulled that with people before. 

IMG_20220227_132642019.jpg

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 2

Anyone planning on driving through Death Valley may want to bring a few extra gallons of their own fuel to save some money, current Furnace Creek fuel prices are probably the highest in the entire nation right now…
A074AB73-D84B-42C5-B479-1135B716B389.thumb.jpeg.c2aa43100c8e6275796cbe2a3974cbab.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Oh my! 2

44 minutes ago, Goldseeker5000 said:

Valens, The tent doesn't require tie downs up higher. It has a 10' tall center pole. It can handle 55mph winds. I know this for a fact. I have heard it can handle 65-70. I don't want to find out My stove pipe seemed like it was close to toppling over from the wind. That would have been bad as I had a fire going at the time. Got tie wire to anchor it down as well.

Mn90403, the guy was hiding his gun to his side while chambering a round, I could see it, barely, then pointed it back behind his truck for me to see I guess, then he stood by his passenger door looking nervous and kept turning around in circles pretending he didn't see me. I had stopped detecting and just stood there starring at him. I wasn't going to keep detecting with him standing roughly 50 yards from me, in the open. Allen from Allen's Prospecting channel said he know who that is and that he is shady and a little nuts. He said he has pulled that with people before. 

IMG_20220227_132642019.jpg

Not good, Reese. Glad you were staying safe. A buddy of mine had a situation with a person like that, it was not good.  Definitely a lot worse things to worry about than poisonous snakes and furry  animals with teeth and claws out there!  Nice finds, thanks for sharing your adventures!

• Like 1

1/2 oz is a pretty good score if you are staying in Gold Basin and Lost Basin these days. 

There are some places you can pull gold out with each new machine, but you kinda have to know where they are because the leads are all long gone and it's now just random chance to stumble on them. Even 10 years ago that was the case. Even the trash is largely gone from the old placer camp areas nowadays, so it's hard to find some of those more subtle ones.

Man, there are some unsavory characters out there these days though. It used to be almost empty from Dec-Feb other than on the less windy weekends and occasional outings. Now murders, burglaries, fights, meth, squatters, bleh.

• Like 4