Found In Northern Victoria, Australia, Seeking More Info

Go to facebook California Gold Rush Relics....they can tell you everything you want to know about....also enjoy looking at all the cool stuff those guys find! 

strick 

• Like 4

Hi Lisa, awesome find. That is a tongue and the adjuster, for a 2 piece buckle. Keep looking, there is a wreath piece, that your buckle fits into. I will post some info from the book, on your exact buckle, when I get the chance.

• Like 3

Strick is right :  Get on California gold rush relics FB site, and these are the type sought-after niche that the guys there love.

And yes, we find stuff in our CA gold rush sites that came from Australia as well.  Since :  You guys had a gold rush there at approx. the same time (?).   Thus some of the miners went back and forth, USA to Australia and vice-versa.  So it stands to reason that you will occasionally get stuff that came from us, towards your direction gold rush.

Very interesting !

• Like 2

Don't worry about the value you found it and therefore those that you leave it too will even treasure it more. By the way there was many buckles about when I got my first back in 1980 and a lot since. Yours is in excellent condition and worth keeping irrespective of its value.  It is a real nugget of a find.

• Like 1

That's a great find!

All the relic hunters in California are looking for those and you find one in Australia, nice job!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, geof_junk said:

Don't worry about the value you found it and therefore those that you leave it too will even treasure it more. By the way there was many buckles about when I got my first back in 1980 and a lot since. Yours is in excellent condition and worth keeping irrespective of its value.  It is a real nugget of a find.

It’s our first find so a little over excited regardless of worth, just wanted to try to get as much info as I could. I will be going back to give it another shot to find the missing piece. It will be going in our grandchild’s special box.

• Like 3