Your Pick Of Any Nugget Detector For High Trash Areas?

If you could choose just one detector in search of gold nuggets in High trash areas what would it be and with what coil?  

Let me put this question another way.  You have an opportunity to go to a new Pay to play gold mine like Ganes Creek Ak.  Of course you will take your favorite PI detector and if money were not object and you could bring a second detector for the trashy areas given all the new and old detectors available what would you bring to the hunt?

Thanks, 

Terry

maybe an mx sport! after reading recent posts, I changed my mind.

Man, you have PLENTY of choices. Read Steves detector review pages. My personal choices are the xp deus and the gb pro/f19. But there may very well be another model (makro/nokta, at, mxt, etc, that may suit ya better.

I bought a F75 Ltd. for the sole purpose of nugget shooting in the trashiest areas. That being said, my F19 has proven itself time again  to where I have yet to even use my F75 in the trashy diggs. My T2  is also a capable nugget shooter with very good discrimination. Had I known how effective these machines were for swinging through the o'l timer dumps I never would have spent the $1200. on the F75 Ltd. This is what I paid for these machines;

* T2....$450 (Kellyco)

*F19....$675 (last years Vegas gold show after "intense" negotiations")

*F75Ltd...$1200 (mom n' pop prospecting shop)

The F75Ltd is likely the best of the bunch for this purpose, but these are my experiences with all three machines....good luck!

BTW, Kellyco will deal so don't hesitate to ask!

Have used the Makro here down under , central Victoria. Great air test on the smallest gold but failed miserably out in the field, very very disappointed with it as it could not deal with the mineralisation at all. Would love to try the dues but will stick with the 3030 to pin point and check with the pulse.

Chris

• Like 2

Deathray,

I've read Steve's Reviews, but still wondering what folks are actually using and having luck with in the field. 

Thanks Deathray, Gambler, Hard prospector, Greg, Luke, Schiara and Breakofday!  I much appreciate your comments. 

So far it looks like the F19 is pretty popular for the task with one vote for the 3030 the T2, F75, GB pro and a couple for the XP Deus.   A negative for the Sport and a maybe for the sport with the 6"coil.  Also a positive for the Macro and one very negative for the Macro Racer due to inability to handle mineralization.  

I hope some more folks will chime in on what works for them.  

5 hours ago, Breakofday said:

Have used the Makro here down under , central Victoria. Great air test on the smallest gold but failed miserably out in the field, very very disappointed with it as it could not deal with the mineralisation at all. Would love to try the dues but will stick with the 3030 to pin point and check with the pulse.

Chris

Chris, appreciate the input from down under.  In reading your post it would appear the 3030 is able to handle the tough mineralization there?  Do you know what other folks are using in the way of VLF and multifrequency machines that can handle your bad mineralization?

Thanks,  Terry