Detector Bag Ideas?

I use a ski or snowboard type bag, detector and coils in main compartment, accessories in the accessories compartment. Tons of options to fit any size or style, and pretty much at a price to fit any budget. Great for longer detectors like the CTX 3030 or GPX 4500/5000, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Snowboard-Bags/zgbs/sporting-goods/1240799011

More specifically, something like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/AUMTISC-Snowboard-Storage-Compartments-Available/dp/B0816NNSMM/

44EC0CB8-7406-4D7E-8441-B45420DE10C6.jpeg

Check out bow cases for shorter options

C1229578-03DC-4E87-8748-49977A6D6A43.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I use a hard bow case for my 6000. It easily fits the detector with the 11" coil attached, the DD coil, head phones, charger with room to spare. I haven't tried the 17" coil to see if it would fit in lew of the DD.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve seen a few people use these before:

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/toolpro-toolpro-safe-case-long-black-1335-x-405-x-155mm/566671.html?cgid=SCA01131104#start=2

I know it’s an Australian link, but thought I’d share anyway. I’m going to get two when I can, for both my GPX6000 and GPZ7000. You do have to remove the lower shaft off the 7000 to store it but I think they’d be great for long travel and through rough terrain.

They’re quite reasonably priced especially compared to their Pelican counterpart (over $1000 here) and almost the same quality. 

Photo attached to show an example.

2B24BE95-0031-4215-8685-2C0573E478C9.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Sheppo, I'm about to order one now from Supercheap Auto NZ!

• Like 1

I picked up a couple of these and they are a great bag they have two exterior zippered pockets to keep coils and other things in the main compartment will actually hold two detectors

Kellyco Red Elite Metal Detector Bag

★★★★★

1 Review

$39.99

$36.99

At the moment I just use a snowboard bag when I need to bag up my detector, snowboards are not weak delicate electronic equipment though so it doesn't have any padding or protection at all, does the job but I'd like something a bit better for when I need protection for a rough trip.  I've broken a GPZ shaft by having it twist in my cars boot with a 17" coil on it so having something that holds it in place would be nice.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, DSMITH said:

I picked up a couple of these and they are a great bag they have two exterior zippered pockets to keep coils and other things in the main compartment will actually hold two detectors

★★★★★

1 Review

$39.99

$36.99

That looks almost exactly the same as the Minelab bag.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheppo said:

That looks almost exactly the same as the Minelab bag.

well do not know what to say about that I will tell you the bag I posted works really good and has good zippers in it the thing I like also is it has two zippered pockets on the outside one on each side so there is plenty of room to carry things you use while out detecting like spare coils and other items one of the pockets will hold a 12-13 inch coil with no problem

It's not uncommon for products to be sold by a factory to various brands under different brand names, the factory just puts the branding of the company that orders it on the product.