Surprise At The Park

DentWC-03b.jpgThat double sided key reminds me of a key for a few of the old Watchman Time Recorder/Clock, back in the old days many "Watchmen/Security Guards" had to walk a beat every hour or so around the factory or business, to make sure they did walk the beat instead of just sleeping the night away in the guard shack/office they had a "recorder/clock" most were round and they had check points around the factory that had a key inside a locked box they would insert into the recorder then turn it and the time recorder would either punch or stamp that check point and the time on a round paper disk, as a young kid I went to a factory with my next door neighbor and my Dad's friend who was a night watchman there, I walk the beat with him and the keys at the check point looked similar but a bit different to those double sided keys.

I'm not saying that what those keys were for, but they could be, when I saw them it brought back the memory of going to work with him that night as a very young kid, I felt I was also a night watchman since he let me turn all the keys to stamp the time recorder!! LOL

Here's a photo of a watchman time recorder/clock that is similar to the one he used with double sides keys that would be in the check point box, the triangle shaped key was for winding the recorder/clock.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Nice work! 

I used to average one SLQ a year, but the past few years I haven't bagged a single one.

• Thanks 1

Nice hunts NCT! 👍

Great you got silver. That GM key fob is really cool! It would be interesting to know what was there before the park. That might take some work.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Nice hunts NCT! 👍

Great you got silver. That GM key fob is really cool! It would be interesting to know what was there before the park. That might take some work.

I didn’t even notice the GM on it.  I thought it was one of those divot tools used by golfers.  Thanks for noticing that!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

I didn’t even notice the GM on it.  I thought it was one of those divot tools used by golfers.  Thanks for noticing that!

No problem. This is what it looked like in 1956. 🙂

il_794xN.3663660153_dfqg.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Great hunt with some nice finds, I wish you more luck on your next outing.

• Thanks 1

On 3/22/2022 at 8:22 AM, NCtoad said:

Sorry to quote my own post but in the second pic, right upper corner are two copper washers.  I dig these quite often. Does anyone know what they were used for?

to me they look like the small washers used on spark plugs.

• Thanks 1

On 3/22/2022 at 10:01 PM, F350Platinum said:

No problem. This is what it looked like in 1956. 🙂

il_794xN.3663660153_dfqg.jpg

I wondered what that was, and now a week later I see you've ID'ed it.  1956...; someone with a 1956 GM vehicle (Chevy Belair is a popular classic but there are many others) would relish having that.  The jet plane will also interest mid-50's aviation collectors.  Having watched quite a few antique shows on TV, I recall items of interest to collectors of multiple disciplines can generate a considerable amount of attention (and associated value, or at least competitive bidding in auctions).  Have you found this on any collector websites?

• Like 1