Why Aren't More Analog Detectors Made?

The new deeptech gold hound, on the air test currently on YouTube shows it goes 42 to 50 cm deep, to me it's worth turning a couple knobs to get that type of performance out of it, equinox 800, XP orx ,deus1, deus2, you have to adjust everything anyway in all the videos to get it to perform most of the time, some people may find it easier just to turn a couple knobs, even if you have that eyesight usually be able to see the knobs and turn them quite easily, no problem with glare or bright sunlight, I have no affiliation with deeptech, BUT for 499 euros the price point is much lower and affordable compared to the other units I mentioned

It looks good. 

Do you know the frequency and coils that will be available?

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Why don’t they make more rotary phones? Always worked, never needed an update, or replacement every few years, and best of all, never got lost! :smile:

I'm currently looking for one that I can get for cheap just so I can use it as my over-sized fidget toy. Those things are so fun to use...

It does look a nice build quality detector, and at 30kHz it should be decent on nuggets.  I'd be surprised if it's 40 to 50cm air test depth is anything like that in the ground though, it comes standard with an 11" coil.

1018254577_GoldHound.jpg.cb7bb82ffec99e8f56d8b4d3feb36d1f.jpg

https://deeptech-bg.com/vista-vlf-metal-detectors/GOLDHOUND

• Like 2

Based on there price it would $549.00.

Has elliptical coils available in 2 sizes.

Probably more coils will be available.

The air test video

• Like 1

Fisher still makes a few analog based models - 1280X, CZ-21, Gold Bug 2.

Serious Detecting still has the Fisher CZ3d with full (5 year) factory warranty.

You are right in that we often do lose something going to newer tech. It’s just the advantages usually far outweigh what is lost, and so we move on.

Along those lines of two steps forward, one step back, we now have the internet for buying and selling used equipment.  Meanwhile we've (long ago) lost most of the brick-and-mortar specialized detector stores armed with employees who knew their products.

Besides the European new analog, hybrid, and pseudo-analog options, the classics from Tesoro and others are still to be found on the used market, with patience.  It's not such a bad time to be alive, even for old-school detectorists!

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Why Aren't More Analog Detectors Made?