AQ Connection Coax Seal?

Hi guys, 

So I’m a new AQ owner and think I better protect the connections with some kind of tape or whatever before I approach my local beach. What do you guys recommend - the reviews of some tapes on Amazon are pretty bad.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bklein said:

Hi guys, 

So I’m a new AQ owner and think I better protect the connections with some kind of tape or whatever before I approach my local beach. What do you guys recommend - the reviews of some tapes on Amazon are pretty bad.  

The Souriau connector is a good one. Just push in as you turn to take some pressure off the nibs. Both mine have been well under water now for nearly two years. No problems. I also have the same connector on 8 or 10 coils for my Excalibur with no issues there also.

• Like 2

Definitely CoAxeSeal--great prolduct.  One package lasts for ever if you don't let grit get in--use it one the coil and power jacks.  Got rid of any hint of salt water interference. 

cjc

https://www.parts-express.com/Coax-Seal-Moisture-Proof-Sealing-Tape-1-2-x-5-ft.-180-205

• Like 1

On 3/23/2022 at 11:32 AM, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Only one I cover is the power cable / HP. Even on the batteries I made. I guess it would be a precaution to do the coil cable connector. 

274227631_1140114903403971_8549088617151650029_n.jpg

So every spin is a must ? What does this help Joe ? Hope your doing well.

3 hours ago, Carolina said:

So every spin is a must ? What does this help Joe ? Hope your doing well.

I had two batteries that had a issue with the positive pin turning green, from saltwater getting in. I'm not sure if the fitting was tight enough or had failed. One was a customers and one was mine. See if I can find a picture. Since then I just wrap and use,... then unwrap to charge.  

Feel good.. just waiting for my a health issue to be taken care of.. Hope to get wet by July if all goes well.

Hope your getting all back to normal. Getting old sure has it good and bad's.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

I had two batteries that had a issue with the positive pin turning green, from saltwater getting in. I'm not sure if the fitting was tight enough or had failed. One was a customers and one was mine. See if I can find a picture. Since then I just wrap and use,... then unwrap to charge.  

Feel good.. just waiting for my a health issue to be taken care of.. Hope to get wet by July if all goes well.

Hope your getting all back to normal. Getting old sure has it good and bad's.

I’m trying to figure out the good ! Thanks I’ll be in touch .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...

Thanks, it might work (hope it does) but the one on my 8” coil measured 26x66, which is a UTGX6JC10E19P3, which seems not available anywhere. Yeah Carolina should know - he said he used them for other detectors too.

Also pin contacts are separate for UTS.  Next challenge.