Lower Rod Flex?

Al dente is ok but not too much otherwise it breaks up!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, phrunt said:

The Chinese appear to make a XP Deus mount clone, I don't know if this would help anyone with their projects?

Do the Deus 2 lower stems fit into the Orx telescoping shaft?and is the remote snap-on mount  the same? They are or were not long ago only $99 and excellent quality. Could be used for second setup along lines of Deus 2 lite. Might exhibit less flexure combined with D2 lower stem?

Would a round carbon fiber tube inserted into Deus 2 lower stem add stiffness without any noticeable added weight?  In other words strengthen it rather than trying to make non- round fiber stem replacement?  Just thinkin 

On 3/23/2022 at 2:48 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

I had a chance to observe a D2 with 11” coil recently, and overall was impressed by what I saw. Seemed just ok on mid to low conductors, but excellent to superior on high conductors. Decided to get back on the order list based on what I saw, thinking it may do better than I thought on silver in my parks. That in mind I switched from 9” to 11” coil, as I’ve decided other units will do better on gold, especially nugget detecting, and that was main reason I wanted the 9” coil, as alternative to 6x11 nugget coil. But for deep silver, I’m thinking the 11” has the edge.

What I did not like was lower rod movement that seemed far in excess from what I remember on my two previous Deus 1 units. Less the rod itself, then slop in the cam lock mechanism. Not sure, but my previous impressions were the XP S shaft was the best of the best. This one… barely ok out of water, and I’d think a disaster swinging in water against resistance.

Anyone else seeing this, or is it a problem isolated to my buddies detector?

Steve, when you get your new XP Deus II and put some hours on it, I hope you do a review as other detectors you have done in the past. Looking forward to seeing it if you have the time. My Xp Deus II with the 9" coil is delivering this Saturday and curious to see how it handles the mineralization we have here in Colorado.

• Like 1

Here is the little work which my friend has done on the lower stem to pass antenna through, inside the carbon fiber stem..86950F89-DF00-4E79-AA80-E788EAFF42FF.jpeg.ed40a6a557e7ea3e102fe752332b471b.jpegD17A4B6A-832C-4E81-81F3-05C8DBF37E5E.jpeg.759d64d1cb699070b9e1b5ae6fd6a4b7.jpeg 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, relicmeister said:

Would a round carbon fiber tube inserted into Deus 2 lower stem add stiffness without any noticeable added weight?  In other words strengthen it rather than trying to make non- round fiber stem replacement?  Just thinkin 

I think you’re onto something.  Maybe deus (or an aftermarket company) could make a thin D shaped carbon fiber rod that just slides inside the factory plastic lower rod.  I don’t know if the tolerances on the stock lower would allow a nice tight fit though.  

You can also just cut the round end off the simplex shaft, sand the trapezoidal section to fit in the plastic deus lower. Then cut the end off the Deus lower…slide it on the simplex stub you sanded and glue it. 

just did it in 10 minutes and is definitely stronger than a 3d printed part. 

F7A498E3-0692-4E8C-A79B-539044AD0CE7.jpeg