Controller Headphone Adapter Cable For Deus II

This is an actual XP made item, with tiny XP logo on it. XP DEUS 2 Remote Control Headphone Jack Adapter Part Number D2-RC1-G0-002. It adapts from the waterproof controller audio to a standard 1/8" jack. It appears well made, my only complaint being I wish a 1/4" version were readily available, as most pro version detector wired headphones still come with 1/4" jacks. It sells for $12.90, 

As a XP item, you should be able to order this from any XP dealer. Google Results Here

Looks an awful lot like the Tarsacci adapter. Might be something one could find generic, assuming that IP68 five pin adapter is standard stuff, which I’m sure it is. Long story short I prefer this to the puck adapter, so I can use the full controller, and with headphones I prefer instead of the "on ear" phones XP provides. I'm an over the ear guy, and don't want to spring for the XP proprietary version.

xp-deus-2-headphone-adapter-cable.jpg
XP DEUS 2 Remote Control Headphone Jack Adapter D2-RC1-G0-002

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

But this cable is a secret, only listed on metaldetector.com so far as I can find. Only $12.90, but they want $22 shipping!!!! Sucker that I am I have one on order, but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Tony E makes all of my custom cables. He has connectors right now. Not sure how long the one is in the picture, but he will make them as long as you want.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Johnnysalami1957 said:

I won't bend over for less than $50! I thought you cancelled your Deus order? 

That's bull^hit shipping cost. That sight has so many popups I can't stand it.

I did cancel. But got a chance to hunt side by side with one for a day. I was not impressed with the mid to low conductor response (nickel on down), which seemed simply adequate. Not bad, but not as good as other machines I already have. But it also seemed to be excellent to superior on silver coin type targets, holding a good target id extremely well on copper and better targets in extreme magnetite ground. So I dropped the idea of hunting gold with it, and ordered again, but this time with 11” coil instead of 9” coil. Optimizing more for hunting silver in parks, than smaller gold type targets, which was my original thought.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I did cancel. But got a chance to hunt side by side with one for a day. I was not impressed with the mid to low conductor response (nickel on down), which seemed simply adequate. Not bad, but not as good as other machines I already have. But it also seemed to be excellent to superior on silver coin type targets, holding a good target id extremely well on copper and better targets in extreme magnetite ground. So I dropped the idea of hunting gold with it, and ordered again, but this time with 11” coil instead of 9” coil. Optimizing more for hunting silver in parks, than smaller gold type targets, which was my original thought.

Seems just the opposite of my findings. The pigtail can be bought from Diggers Den in Virginia for $16 shipping included. Talk with Sonya.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Carolina said:

Seems just the opposite of my findings. The pigtail can be bought from Diggers Den in Virginia for $16 shipping included. Talk with Sonya.

Check the plug connector to the Deus. Many of these are CHEAP!

I learned that lesson with the first Minelab jumper I bought [it fell apart] . Tony only uses the best connectors and cable. 

23 minutes ago, Carolina said:

Seems just the opposite of my findings.

It might be. People get different results with detectors in different locations. It's all about the ground, and this was extreme granitic derived, high magnetite ground, latest XP update. The depth was not any better than my machine, just the ability to retain target ID without upscaling.

When I say gold targets I mean stuff reading right next to ferrous - small gold, foil type targets. For me specifically it would be relating to small nuggets in hot ground. Definitely not a saltwater observation!

Loose preliminary observations only applicable to me and my situations, so nobody should make much of it. Was hesitant to even mention it actually, as my detecting scenarios fall well outside the norm.

14 minutes ago, midalake said:

Check the plug connector to the Deus. Many of these are CHEAP!

I learned that lesson with the first Minelab jumper I bought [it fell apart] . Tony only uses the best connectors and cable. 

The adapter cable is made by XP. Does not mean it can't be cheaply made though :smile:

• Like 1

On 3/23/2022 at 5:44 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

Apparently there is a new XP part available, a cable to go direct from the waterproof fitting on the controller, to a standard 1/8" jack. For wired phones, and even other wireless phone options, with appropriate transmitter box. But this cable is a secret, only listed on metaldetector.com so far as I can find. Only $12.90, but they want $22 shipping!!!! Sucker that I am I have one on order, but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth for something that would fit in a first class padded envelope. So I am turning you all loose to find a better source, and not get bent over like I did! :mellow:

Looks an awful lot like the Tarsacci adapter. Might be something one could find generic, assuming that IP68 five pin adapter is standard stuff, which I’m sure it is. Long story short I prefer this to the puck adapter, so I can use the full controller, and with phones I prefer over the on ear phones XP provides. I'm an over the ear guy, and don't want to spring for the XP proprietary version.

xp-deus-2-headphone-adapter-cable.jpg
XP DEUS 2 Remote Control Headphone Jack Adapter

Steve

This is what I posted in another thread.

"I bought the Deus compatible Grey Ghost over the ear phones and the audio is superb. They even have a version with more upgraded speakers.  I tried Grey Ghost phone a long time ago and the sound wasn't good. They really upped their game with sound quality."

I'm LOVING these!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mudwhale said:

Steve

This is what I posted in another thread.

"I bought the Deus compatible Grey Ghost over the ear phones and the audio is superb. They even have a version with more upgraded speakers.  I tried Grey Ghost phone a long time ago and the sound wasn't good. They really upped their game with sound quality."

I'm LOVING these!

Carter and I talked maybe three weeks ago about the pin out on the Deus ll. At that time he was in the process of making a set of amphibians for diving. Not sure where he is at with that right now. The upgraded version are called platinums. 

6 hours ago, Carolina said:

Carter and I talked maybe three weeks ago about the pin out on the Deus ll. At that time he was in the process of making a set of amphibians for diving. Not sure where he is at with that right now. The upgraded version are called platinums. 

The Grey Ghost Headphones are NOT or diving.