Controller Headphone Adapter Cable For Deus II

9 hours ago, mudwhale said:

The Grey Ghost Headphones are NOT or diving.

I think you misread my post. He is “working” on making a set of amphibians for diving. The gray ghost series have been out for many years, even back when Gary Storm owned the company. “One” of the models is the amphibians with waterproof piezo’s “benders” not speakers. He needs to work out the connection and size of piezo used for the Deus ll. Your model has speakers not piezo’s.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Carolina said:

I think you misread my post. He is “working” on making a set of amphibians for diving. The gray ghost series have been out for many years, even back when Gary Storm owned the company. “One” of the models is the amphibians with waterproof piezo’s “benders” not speakers. He needs to work out the connection and size of piezo used for the Deus ll. Your model has speakers not piezo’s.

Sorry, I got confused!

• Like 1

I just got the new bone conducting headphones this week with my deus II and I am liking them so far. I can wear a hat without issue and I can hear my surroundings not having regular headphones. Im really digging these so far (pun intended)

• Like 1

Yup, the eBay deal is what it should be.

Just got my box yesterday. Ordered March 23, arrived March 29, 6 days 6x6x6 box weighing 6 ounces. The 8" cable itself weighs 0.4 ounces. I was charged $12.90 for the cable, and $21.39 "Shipping & Handling" for the shipping.

I understand business, and that handling costs for tiny orders can put you in the hole very fast. In this case, I'd think a $4.95 shipping and handling charge appropriate, as it should have been shipped in a 4x6 padded priority mail envelope. Instead they used an oversize box and shipped UPS Ground, so not only cost more, but takes twice as long.

But hey, I have my cable. All I need now is a detector to go with it. :smile:

This is an actual XP made item, with tiny XP logo on it. XP DEUS 2 Remote Control Headphone Jack Adapter Part Number D2-RC1-G0-002. It appears well made, my only complaint being I wish a 1/4" version were readily available, as most pro version detector wired headphones still come with 1/4" jacks.

This cable should have come with the detector.

xp-audio-adapter-cable-d2-rc1-g0-002.jpg

• Like 7
  • Oh my! 1

50 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

This cable should have come with the detector.

51 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

The 8" cable itself weighs 0.4 ounces.

Yes it should of come with the detector!!! 

But an 8" cable would not work in my case. Tony makes all my cables 28" long so I can keep the connection to headphones out of the splash zone. That 1/8 jack is not even water resistant. 

2 hours ago, midalake said:

Yes it should of come with the detector!!! 

But an 8" cable would not work in my case. Tony makes all my cables 28" long so I can keep the connection to headphones out of the splash zone. That 1/8 jack is not even water resistant. 

I’m not trying to sell you one. I in turn don’t need or want a 28” cable. I am detecting out of water in a desert environment, so not concerned about the same things you are.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Controller Headphone Adapter Cable For Deus II
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2022 at 7:21 PM, midalake said:

Yes it should of come with the detector!!!  ( yes!)

The jack connector will not be damaged by splashing water. I'm almost sure, I hunted in water with the Deus 1 for years, the 3.5 jack connector on the waterproof case is no better and no worse than this one. I'm going to test it with my good old KillerBee's headphones wading in water. The BH headphones are very good, but I prefer closed headphones when I'm just wading in the water.

------------ 

I tested it in a bucket of water for an hour, there is no problem, the headphones work perfectly with it.
The remote control and the connector were submerged in the water.
So for those who hunt wading and like to use closed headphones, this adapter is the perfect solution.

-----------

deus1_wading_setup.JPG

wading_setup.JPG

• Like 1