Extremely Small Gold With Equinox 800

Horst

just returned from AZon 21st March. I had my Euinox 800  and SDC2300 with me but decided to use my Nox 800 the most as i have many hours of experience on the machine.

So the following setting worked very well (for me): Gold 2, Recovery speed at 6, Iron Bias 1+2 set to 0, ground tracking on (I was amazed that in different areas the ground balance would stay in the range between 1-3) blocking the number -10, -9 , -8 and + 11 + 12 +13 +14 as hotrocks were so plentiful.

I was able to run the sensitivity at 22 all the time using the 6" coil.

Many targets showed a wide range of ID numbers. When a single digit positive number +1 or +2 or so showed up once or twice checking the target I switched to all metal mode to reconfirm the positive number               and dug it.

This way I found a bunch of BBs and small lead screddings and 2 pieces VERY small pieces of gold specimen. Both together were reading at 0,03 grams. Both rang up with an ID of 1 loud and clear being so small. I just can’t believe it. If other machines will pick up gold smaller than that I would have to bring a microscope all the time.

PICT0005.JPG

PICT0009.JPG

PICT0011.JPG

• Like 9

• The title was changed to Extremely Small Gold With Equinox 800

Thank you for posting the pictures and information, I will try your settings for some of the places I hit up near me.

Did you find anything bigger and if so how much larger were they.

Good luck on your next outing.

One thing about it is you know it can find the small are very small gold it’s not going to have trouble finding bigger gold .

Chuck 

unfortunately the bigger gold was absent or at least it did not wnat to come to Germany with me............one of these days.....maybe I receive some good information...for me it is always very hard to find a promising area without help from nice people abroad......Living in Germany and just coming over for a week or two is not real easy...have fun and find a big one for me AU2U Horst