Hello From Oklahoma

Mongo

8 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Yeah, but do what I suggested first. 🙂

The Equinox can go full auto tracking (the wavy line top right) of you let the button go while pumping the detector to get a good ground balance. Did that a lot myself🙄

Really appreciate the help, I see what you mean by clear patch of ground. I had to move quite a ways to find an area where there was no sound or target. Completely different readings.  I actually might just run in the auto tracking for a day just to see if I can tell any effects it has. Thanks again

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Mongo!  I’m a newb with a 600 in Oklahoma too!  I’ve only been out a couple of times but would love to go dirt fishing together and compare notes. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a little late to your party Mongo, but welcome!!

Don't sweat being new, the previous posts will definitely set you on the right track!! Tremendous advice there! 

Glad I read them all, and l will be rereading them, as I can always use the help; and I've been at this awhile! 

Never can have enough detecting knowledge! Always learning! That's the key! And we are close in age, so I know where you are coming from!

Just put the hours in, and you will be rewarded for your time!

Good luck out there!🍀👍👍

• Like 2

Would love to get to know others around just to compare notes and tips. I’ve gotten pretty good at sniffing out pennies and dimes and quarters, lots fewer nickels. I’ve found a butterfly pendant in two pieces in different holes, and a sterling silver ring that evidently tangled with a lawnmower before I dug it. Only two wheaties and strangely enough only a handful of coins overall that are older than I am. And I’m loving every second of it. My only worry is running out of places to hunt!

• Like 2

On 5/12/2022 at 7:05 PM, Mongo said:

My only worry is running out of places to hunt!

You'll always worry about that. Do you have farms around? Seems like you're doing ok!

• Like 1