Air Reserve Tank For Two Divers

First time post here. I purchased a new Keene 6” dredge last year and got the 4gal reserve air tank. I’m thinking that this season my partner and I will both be in the water. One as a support rock mover and the other dredging. Last year we only ran one diver. If we add another airline we need to get a bigger reserve tank and that goes to the Keene 9gal. Anyone have experience with running two divers and is the 9gal mandatory? Can you run two small tanks if you split it right out of the compressor? Can I just have a stainless 9gal tank made locally without paying the Keene premium? 

here is a link to our channel and what we are all about. 

https://youtube.com/channel/UCoPsZnjywJ9hQjJ9r283w5g

What’s the compressor that you’re running for air, can it handle two divers? The compressor is the main factor on if you can support two divers, if it’s a PCA-10 type then you’re good there. So far as the reserve tank, idk, I’ve seen all kinds of set-ups, and I suspect there’s more than one way to do it, the main issue is if the reserve tank in use can withstand the pressure, and supply enough reserve air for the divers. But, I’m relatively new dredger too so grains of salt. I’ll ask a couple of more experienced people I know and see if they have a better answer for you.

Have spoken with Scott at ADMS? He’s a dredger, and is pretty knowledgeable. Also there’s a dredge builder forum on FB that I’m a member of and has a lot of knowledgeable people to ask.

Yeah my compressor can handle 2 divers. That is why we can’t run the plastic bottle for a reserve. I currently have the small stainless bottle from Keene but would love to avoid paying the additional $800 or so to get the big tank Keene sells for dual divers. I think I’ll poke around on the FB group to see about some other ideas. 
maybe also talk to a local fab shop 

• Like 1

Many reserve tanks are simply stainless steel pressure tanks for plumbing systems. I can tell you from personal experience you do not want to skimp on reserve tanks, as far as size, if you are working at depth. It’s like insurance. You never want to use it, but if you need it, you’ll be glad you got the right insurance. It’s genuinely life or death kind of stuff, so be wise.

• Like 4