Learning French.... Again

Starting out that fast with a new french girl huh ?

OK so now , what's the french word for junk ? 🤪

I always find it interesting to see non metal finds that get collected like that piece of glass...    A gear brings questions of what it was part of and all the brass hints of possible varmint dinners ?   Wondering helps pass the time between the beeps !

Now I wonder if we all put our best junk in frames+shadow boxes and did an art show in a big city , we'd find true gold ! 🤩

• Like 1

Strick ,

Nice review!   I have for the most part been taking the Legend to similar type locations and while the finds haven’t been the greatest it’s been performing very well. 
  I have a friend who got the deus2 and the better depth he was very impressed with as well. His thoughts were after you’ve hammered a spot with the deus1 you will get some more targets with the D2 but you’re not gonna fill a bucket with them. 
  I’m finding the same kind of results with the legend going to spots I’ve hammered with the equinox and D1.                  Someday I could see me owning a D2 just because I want every advantage I can get lol. But, the D1, Equinox and now  the Legend  are all very capable machines and fit my style of hunting very well. I’m thinking for now I’ll just keep all three cause I know each one will find me some treasure! 😁

• Like 2

Yes exactly...they are not game changers...a flogged out spot is just that...unlike gold detectors which can sniff out the tiniest size stuff we’re talking coins and relics which are much larger. I forgot to mention my Deus 2 has the 9 inch coil as well. The belt buckle and brass shot gun shell were surrounded by iron but they were deep. The Deus Id them while sounding off on the iron as well...been over this area many times with Nox ctx Deus 1 etc...the Deus 2 seems to perform in iron as the Deus 1 did but deeper. 

Strick 

• Like 8

Glad to see someone I know post on the d2. I almost bought one on a whim the other day...but decided it wasn't worth the fight at the moment. Then my detecting partner bought one, said it's gonna replace his ctx, and alocal guy has them. That means I can grab some cash, avoid the explaining, haha

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'm intrigued by the ball in the hexagon thingy. 🤔 Some sort of buckle?

I'd say that was a fine hunt for having a distracting French girl along... 🙄 👍

• Like 2

11 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

A gear brings questions of what it was part of....

I've found a few similar to that -- from a clock I'm pretty sure.  (But I still haven't found my first thimble!)

Thanks for the report, strick.  When I have a day like this it makes me appreciate the better days.  If every day brought a handful of old coins it wouldn't be nearly as exciting when one of those comes along so rarely.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, deathray said:

Glad to see someone I know post on the d2. I almost bought one on a whim the other day...but decided it wasn't worth the fight at the moment. Then my detecting partner bought one, said it's gonna replace his ctx, and alocal guy has them. That means I can grab some cash, avoid the explaining, haha

Ray- I think its going to be a good machine for our hills but I need to get up there soon and give it a try...I'm sure you will get better reports then my little 2 hour stint with it. My wife's in charge of paying all the bills so I cant slip nothing by her 😄

350- its some sort of clasp or costume jewelry I'll take a close up but its not all that great...

strick

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Learning French.... Again