Self Servicing The Fisher Impulse?

1 hour ago, bklein said:

I’d like it especially if it Doesn’t work as I’d gut it and put lithium ion cells in it like Joe did. Let me know and I’ll PayPal  you for shipping etc.

Joe built his own case as the Fisher battery case can not be opened without destroying it. Joe and I both had the same idea at first. Also the case is to small for the LiPo batteries. One thing, you must plug the charger into the wall socket before connecting the battery. If battery is connected before plugging in the charger it will not charge. Also after 5 hrs if green light is not on yet unplug the battery. Manual says sometimes the green light does not come on and 5 hrs gives a full charge. SMH

bklein, I think you should keep posting your questions on this thread.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

6 hours ago, bklein said:

Should I be posting my newbie questions in a separate thread or this one?

This one.

On 3/27/2022 at 11:13 AM, CCadrin said:

Mine was also missing. I don't think I ever saw an orange oring.

They come on the stock battery for the phone connection.

I scraped off the glue and tried to remove the screws from one end cap - the heads just broke off on all 3.

Here is what I see as the pin connections.  Do the two NC's actually do anything?  I'm thinking next I'll cut a section out of the bottom so I can see the guts of the thing. Or do you guys have photos of how it is put together?

Already a bit of blue corrosion at the base of the A pin on the headphone receptacle.

FactBatt.png

7 hours ago, bklein said:

I scraped off the glue and tried to remove the screws from one end cap - the heads just broke off on all 3.

Here is what I see as the pin connections.  Do the two NC's actually do anything?  I'm thinking next I'll cut a section out of the bottom so I can see the guts of the thing. Or do you guys have photos of how it is put together?

Already a bit of blue corrosion at the base of the A pin on the headphone receptacle.

FactBatt.png

Once again you will destroy the case to gain access. Drill out the screws and then try running a razor knife around the face plate. Heat the blade as needed. There are 11 NiMh batteries in series 1.5 v each inside. The pins marked A&B,  6 & 7 o’clock are the phones. The remaining pins have no purpose for the limited edition AQ.

• Like 2