Wait For Deus II To Mature?

I've decided I'm always going to marinate on new detectors from now on, I find doing that gives me an opportunity to change my mind about buying them in the first place, it's saved me quite a lot of money.  The old me would have a Deus 2 and a Legend hanging up in my detector cupboard right now, and would I be using them? I don't know, probably not as much as the old me would have thought.  By viewing plenty of videos and seeing a few reviews pop up I've decided I don't really need either at this stage. 

You have a reason for wanting a Deus 2, with the lighter weight, only you can decide if that's worth buying one now or later, I'd be surprised if they don't fix the shaft problem, the software problems don't really matter, everyone gets them fixed.  Physical problems are the ones that those that hold out tend to get fixed like the shaft.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Johnnysalami1957 said:

I'm definitely getting a DEUS II.  I need the lightest machine available because of a worn out shoulder being replaced soon.

Should I wait until the supposed bugs are addressed like lower shaft flex and other issues? Maybe other coil options I don't know.

This  lower shaft flex issue has been exagerated . This shaft has been released on 2010 with the Deus1 then it is definitely not something new on the market ... 🙂.

Personnaly I have used this shaft during several years  I can tell you that it is a a very convenient , reliable and light shaft . 

For me this shaft is rather a strength than a weakness if you compare with the competitors , an Equinox or an Apex for example ...

The only thing to know ; tall persons ( > 1,85m )  should buy the XP optional longer mid shaft otherwise the shaft will be too short for them.

Btw If you want to save weight there is an optional lighter shaft available at XP , I currenly use it  and I like it  S TELESCOPIC Lite Stem | XP METAL DETECTORS

HH with your D2 ...

Capture.PNG

My Deus1 WS4 HF with the S-Telescopic Stem

DSC00066.JPG

• Like 8

Oval coil may not be in the cards for technical reasons, unless it’s a 7 x 10 or so like vanquish 440 has. But as Palzinsky says about the lightweight upper, I’m going to get one to use with WS6 and 9” coil as Deus 2-Lite. I agree the lower shaft flex is not as bad as stated, but I’m only extending the coil stem 6” with 11” coil and maybe 8” with the 9” ( when I get that) so any flex would be minimized. Some enterprising outfit will surely introduce a stiffer option or a remedy to improve stiffness. Maybe it just needs a little blue pill? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, brys said:

thats my ideal setup so hangng fire on the d2 for now as no oval coil

I will sell my D1 HF as soon as I have the D2 9"  .  I have no doubt that the D2 9" will do the job including high iron trashed areas from what I have seen during my tests of the D2 11" 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, relicmeister said:

.... But as Palzinsky says about the lightweight upper, I’m going to get one to use with WS6 and 9” coil as Deus 2-Lite. ....

The S-telescopic stem weighs around 310g ( see pic below ) . The D1/D2 stock shaft weighs 400g . Then you will save around 90g using the S-telescopic shaft  ... 

for example , a D2 with the stock shaft and 11" coil weighs 880g  ( without coil cover ) , with the S-telescopic it will only weigh 790g .    And probably around 730g with the D2 9" coil ...   Not bad ... 🙂

The S-telescopic stem  :

DSC00067.JPG

• Like 1

8 hours ago, palzynski said:

This  lower shaft flex issue has been exagerated . This shaft has been released on 2010 with the Deus1

It is not exaggerated if you are tall and have to extend it out to maximum length. OR....

For hunting in water it is completely unusable.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, midalake said:

It is not exaggerated if you are tall and have to extend it out to maximum length. For hunting in water it is completely unusable.  

I dont hunt in water then I dont have this issue but I guess that in water there are more mechanical constraints on the shaft than during inland hunting . Probably this is the reason why a lot of beach hunters have replaced their Equinox stock shafts with carbon shafts ...  

I hope there will soon be carbon shafts available for the D2 , either from XP or an other manufacturer .. 

57 minutes ago, palzynski said:

I dont hunt in water then I dont have this issue but I guess that in water there are more mechanical constraints on the shaft than during inland hunting

I don't like it when we as consumers get less and less for our money. The Deus 2 is getting a premium price for LESS.   Deus knew this was going to be a water machine but provided at detector rod unusable in water [less].

Rather than the crappy headphones supplied, how about a cable included so I can use my quality phones. Or better yet supply something half way decent. 

This is why Deus has not earned my dollars yet. I refuse to apologize for manufactures shipping unusable junk.