Wait For Deus II To Mature?

18 minutes ago, midalake said:

I don't like it when we as consumers get less and less for our money. The Deus 2 is getting a premium price for LESS.   Deus knew this was going to be a water machine but provided at detector rod unusable in water [less].

Rather than the crappy headphones supplied, how about a cable included so I can use my quality phones. Or better yet supply something half way decent. 

This is why Deus has not earned my dollars yet. I refuse to apologize for manufactures shipping unusable junk. 

I have no issues at all in the east coast Atlantic Ocean with my Deus ll shaft. I also paid $28 for a ip 68 connector and 4’ cord to use my personal phones so I am as happy as a pig in slop 😀. I’m thinking the Deus ll is just not for you.

EBA5A1FC-EBCD-4D07-B10A-DD34FA65F084.jpeg

A32D452D-82CD-4DE0-94CD-3D7FC1A6727D.jpeg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, palzynski said:

I dont hunt in water then I dont have this issue but I guess that in water there are more mechanical constraints on the shaft than during inland hunting . Probably this is the reason why a lot of beach hunters have replaced their Equinox stock shafts with carbon shafts ...  

I hope there will soon be carbon shafts available for the D2 , either from XP or an other manufacturer .. 

There are 2 different CF aftermarket shafts available now for the Deus ll. How well they work, I have no idea. I did however purchase one of them which is in shipment now. We shall see.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Johnnysalami1957 said:

I'm definitely getting a DEUS II.  I need the lightest machine available because of a worn out shoulder being replaced soon.

Should I wait until the supposed bugs are addressed like lower shaft flex and other issues? Maybe other coil options I don't know.

I’m usually not an early adopter, if for no other reason, it has been because I like a good deal, so I wait for gently used to come up on the market. I’ve only bought 2 detectors brand new. One was the equinox and the other is the Deus 2. On both accounts I’m happy to have been an early adopter. The one caveat with the Deus 2 is I have not downloaded the “big numbers” update. I’m very happy on the earlier 0.6 version, even if they did nothing else to it. In a short time, I’m sure they will start shipping with the big number update and some people have complained about a loss of depth and other performance characteristics. Others say they haven’t experienced this. I can’t comment because I haven’t experienced it for myself. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, ☠ Cipher said:

I’m usually not an early adopter, if for no other reason, it has been because I like a good deal, so I wait for gently used to come up on the market. I’ve only bought 2 detectors brand new. One was the equinox and the other is the Deus 2. On both accounts I’m happy to have been an early adopter. The one caveat with the Deus 2 is I have not downloaded the “big numbers” update. I’m very happy on the earlier 0.6 version, even if they did nothing else to it. In a short time, I’m sure they will start shipping with the big number update and some people have complained about a loss of depth and other performance characteristics. Others say they haven’t experienced this. I can’t comment because I haven’t experienced it for myself. 

This also describes me and my Deus 2 and general detecting thoughts nearly perfectly.   My Deus 2 with 9in coil arrived today.  I nearly always wait or buy "bang for the buck" type of items, but I decided to spoil myself with another detector and try out XP for the first time.  :biggrin: 

With how many detectors are able to be fixed, tweaked or updated via updates these days, it definitely makes me worry a lot less about getting a "bad" detector.  Also, XP has a FIVE year warranty, so I have the peace of mind to not worry about defects, etc. for a long time.  

• Like 5

13 hours ago, palzynski said:

This  lower shaft flex issue has been exagerated

No, I am not exaggerating it. I had two Deus 1, and the Deus II I saw recently had a loose cam lock fitting, resulting in excessive rod slop. Night and day by comparison. Unless you were there and saw it, you simply do not know.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, midalake said:

I don't like it when we as consumers get less and less for our money. The Deus 2 is getting a premium price for LESS.   Deus knew this was going to be a water machine but provided at detector rod unusable in water [less].

Rather than the crappy headphones supplied, how about a cable included so I can use my quality phones. Or better yet supply something half way decent. 

This is why Deus has not earned my dollars yet. I refuse to apologize for manufactures shipping unusable junk. 

But do keep in mind this is the D2 Forum, and at some point you do have to just figure it's not for you. This forum caters more to people who have decided they do like the machine. I don't think the D2 is junk, it just does not suit you for your desired uses.

I'd be saying just the same if a D2 fan was on the Equinox forum calling the Nox junk.

• Like 5

Midalake, that is a bit harsh seeing that you don't have a D2 yet. It's "junk" compared to what other metal detector? As far as the backphones go, they are not crappy at all. Used them for 7 years on the D1 with out any problem. I can't stand wearing full muffs anymore.

• Like 3

I just installed the WS6 module into a pair of Deteknix Wire Free Pro headphones that I had never used (about 5 years old). Worked perfectly.

I Love the WS6 phones, and as I stated on another thread, I just attach them with 4 small zip-ties to a baseball cap so they stay put but you can move the earpieces away when you want and feel very comfortable to use. It’s still amazing to me you can control the detector by them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, relicmeister said:

It’s still amazing to me you can control the detector by them. 

This is what I like about them. You can use it to wirelessly use whatever headphones you DO like, you can control the unit from them, and for less than half the cost of a Deus 2 you can create a Deus 2 Lite for backup and Tagalongs with the purchase of a shaft and coil. You could mount 9” on one and 11” on the other.