Wait For Deus II To Mature?

7 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

But do keep in mind this is the D2 Forum, and at some point you do have to just figure it's not for you. This forum caters more to people who have decided they do like the machine. I don't think the D2 is junk, it just does not suit you for your desired uses.

I'd be saying just the same if a D2 fan was on the Equinox forum calling the Nox junk.

I think this has more to do with not settling as a consumer...........

5 hours ago, Lodge Scent said:

Midalake, that is a bit harsh seeing that you don't have a D2 yet. It's "junk" compared to what other metal detector? As far as the backphones go, they are not crappy at all. Used them for 7 years on the D1 with out any problem. I can't stand wearing full muffs anymore.

I have 45 years of experience. Harsh...YUP, I will not apologize for wanting more.  I am a pure beach hunter. Review here: 

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/18421-deus-2-review-for-salt-beach-hunters/

This Deus 2 will be equal on wet sand. Then I have to ask, if the added cost and added items I need to make the Deus 2 huntable will be worth the cost.  I am still thinking

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

No, I am not exaggerating it. I had two Deus 1, and the Deus II I saw recently had a loose cam lock fitting, resulting in excessive rod slop. Night and day by comparison. Unless you were there and saw it, you simply do not know.

Perhaps this loose cam lock issue is something different from the flex issue . If the cam lock is faulty then it has simply to be sent back to the XP after service to my opinion  ...   Yes it is often easier to understand an issue when you can directly see it in the field , then I might be wrong ...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, midalake said:

I don't like it when we as consumers get less and less for our money. The Deus 2 is getting a premium price for LESS.   Deus knew this was going to be a water machine but provided at detector rod unusable in water [less].

Rather than the crappy headphones supplied, how about a cable included so I can use my quality phones. Or better yet supply something half way decent. 

This is why Deus has not earned my dollars yet. I refuse to apologize for manufactures shipping unusable junk. 

Yet in your pic with the Nox, you have a custom shaft and wired headphones. 2 necessary purchases because you got less on your initial purchase. Not to mention how many leaked.

You and some other beach guys have slammed every video that two youtube guys have posted. All while praising the Nox and the Excal. And, yet again all the guys with Excals have purchased new rods and had them modified. How much does the Excal cost ? Same as the D2. Maybe Minelab should supply something half way decent. No ?

In your comparison you noted the stock programs are near identical between the Nox and D2. Is that supposed to be some kind of deterrent ? One of the advantages of the D2 is all of the adjustments. FTR, I have owned the 800 for 4 years. Still do. It's been great for me on the beach and when I first got the D2 I was going to sell it. Instead I decided to learn it and give it a try. I beach hunt most of the time. I live very close to the gulf coast. Dirt digging is few and far between. I know for a fact comparing the 800 vs the D2 the D2 can do things the 800 can't. For one it's deeper. It's superior at finding jewelry in iron on the beach. Tonal nuances prevents one from digging so much trash. The D2 will absolutely crush an Excal in depth. In fact, the 800 will run circles around an Excal. I know, I've done all the comparisons. All the side by sides. Oh and the D2 is superior to an excal in dirt as well. Yet both are the same price though mine cost 1300, not 1600.

Your disdain for some of the youtube guys have weighted your bias. Hunting once or three days with the D2 doesn't make you an expert with the detector. 

Final comments. The horseshoe activation doesn't make the 800 deeper than the D2. What it will do is absolutely drive your ears insane on a trashy beach.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, ☠ Cipher said:

I’m usually not an early adopter, if for no other reason, it has been because I like a good deal, so I wait for gently used to come up on the market. I’ve only bought 2 detectors brand new. One was the equinox and the other is the Deus 2. On both accounts I’m happy to have been an early adopter. The one caveat with the Deus 2 is I have not downloaded the “big numbers” update. I’m very happy on the earlier 0.6 version, even if they did nothing else to it. In a short time, I’m sure they will start shipping with the big number update and some people have complained about a loss of depth and other performance characteristics. Others say they haven’t experienced this. I can’t comment because I haven’t experienced it for myself. 

There is no issue now with the current v.6 update. It adds the large numbers and I assume the additional language with no loss of depth or stability.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, diggindaboot said:

Yet in your pic with the Nox, you have a custom shaft and wired headphones. 2 necessary purchases because you got less on your initial purchase.

Yes. I have been just as critical of Minelab putting junk out. 

You and some other beach guys have slammed every video that two youtube guys have posted. All while praising the Nox and the Excal.

Nope, not me. But I have questioned their left out testing methods. I was one of the first to be critical of the Equinox as well. I am still very critical of Equinox when it comes to EMI, and working in moving Salt Water.  

In your comparison you noted the stock programs are near identical between the Nox and D2. Is that supposed to be some kind of deterrent ? One of the advantages of the D2 is all of the adjustments.

Incorrect. In the stock programs for the D2 with all filters off and reactivity at 0 it can not beat the Equinox in ANY stock beach program on wet sand.  Only after using advances settings does it appear to have par capabilities.  

Your disdain for some of the youtube guys have weighted your bias. Hunting once or three days with the D2 doesn't make you an expert with the detector.

I do not have disdain of anybody regardless where or how they post. It was 5 days we tested the Equinox and D2 head to head. My review was at two beaches I hunt and results may not mimic where you hunt. [I stated that] My review is truthful and many options were tried. The entire focus was to identify deep nonferrous targets that will not TID on either machine. Nothing to be mad about Bro......it is what it is..........

While no one would be an expert in this time frame, 5 days is plenty to see what a detector has to give, and the D2 was out of modes and filters to try. 

Final comments. The horseshoe activation doesn't make the 800 deeper than the D2

The Equinox goes deeper in the Horseshoe Mode than in the discrimination mode on the Equinox>PERIOD. Apply that to the D2 however you like. 

My final thought: As my review states, there are places where the D2 will be better to run than the Equinox. You will have to provide a better rod and headphones. You will also have to fight the D2 offset coil in beach and water conditions. But you can buy a $25 gismo to add to your cost as well so the coil is center mounted.     

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, midalake said:

Yes. I have been just as critical of Minelab putting junk out. 

Nope, not me. But I have questioned their left out testing methods. I was one of the first to be critical of the Equinox as well. I am still very critical of Equinox when it comes to EMI, and working in moving Salt Water.  

Incorrect. In the stock programs for the D2 with all filters off and reactivity at 0 it can not beat the Equinox in ANY stock beach program on wet sand.  Only after using advances settings does it appear to have par capabilities.  

I do not have distain of anybody regardless where or how they post. It was 5 days we tested the Equinox and D2 head to head. My review was at two beaches I hunt and results may not mimic where you hunt. [I stated that] My review is truthful and many options were tried. The entire focus was to identify deep nonferrous targets that will not TID on either machine. Nothing to be mad about Bro......it is what it is..........

While no one would be an expert in this time frame, 5 days is plenty to see what a detector has to give, and the D2 was out of modes and filters to try. 

The Equinox goes deeper in the Horseshoe Mode than in the discrimination mode on the Equinox>PERIOD. Apply that to the D2 however you like. 

My final thought: As my review states, there are places where the D2 will be better to run than the Equinox. You will have to provide a better rod and headphones. You will also have to fight the D2 offset coil in beach and water conditions. But you can buy a $25 gismo to add to your cost as well so the coil is center mounted.     

Nope, not me. Yes you. I know who you are on the other forums. 

Only after using advances settings does it appear to have par capabilities.  It's deeper on advanced settings. It's part of what you're paying for. I have both and have tested both side by side. I didn't have to borrow one or have a tag-a-long. 

I do not have distain of anybody regardless where or how they post. Your post on other forums contradict that statement.

The Equinox goes deeper in the Horseshoe Mode than in the discrimination mode on the Equinox>PERIOD. It does, yet, it's still not as deep at the D2. And, it will also annoy on a trashy beach.

It is what it is. D2 is deeper if you know how to set it up.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, diggindaboot said:

Nope, not me. Yes you. I know who you are on the other forums. 

Only after using advances settings does it appear to have par capabilities.  It's deeper on advanced settings. It's part of what you're paying for. I have both and have tested both side by side. I didn't have to borrow one or have a tag-a-long. 

I do not have distain of anybody regardless where or how they post. Your post on other forums contradict that statement.

The Equinox goes deeper in the Horseshoe Mode than in the discrimination mode on the Equinox>PERIOD. It does, yet, it's still not as deep at the D2. And, it will also annoy on a trashy beach.

It is what it is. D2 is deeper if you know how to set it up.

Gee all I wanted was to ask is if I should wait LMAO! Already made up my mind to get a D2.......

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, diggindaboot said:

I do post as Beachhunt1 on friendly Forums. All of the info posted there is the same. There has been a dynamic on friendly where there is several people that do not hunt salt beaches, or very new to hunting,  telling beach hunters how they should be using settings. Most of what they posted was incorrect misinformation.  

I am glad those parties have stopped posting on their inexperience. Yes, I am critical of their postings when giving incorrect information. 

I am also glad you have seemed to find a detector that suits your iron infested beach! 

16 minutes ago, Johnnysalami1957 said:

Gee all I wanted was to ask is if I should wait LMAO!

I suggest you at least wait until the bullets stop flying here.  You don't want to be hit in the crossfire.  :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4