This Find Has A Got Ya Ending

Good story.

And I'll bet that the reason they are intertwined like that, is that someone "took them off for safekeeping" .  Like, prior to going in for a swim, or prior to playing volleyball, or whatever.    I've heard this story before, when someone relates how they lost their jewelry, is that they "took it off for safekeeping", and handed it to their friend to hold.  Or hid it in their shoe by their beach blanket, or ... whatever.

Kind of ironic that someone takes off their jewelry for safekeeping, when , in fact, they would have been better off leaving it on !  Doh 🙂  

• Like 2

Reminds me of when we were at Sanibel Island a few years back. Was working the water with the HHPulse. Headed back to where wife was to get a sandwich and she says lady was saying she lost her earrings as she was sitting on the sand bank with her feet in the water. Wife pointed to where the lady was sitting. It took about 30 seconds to find the first earring and about three minutes to find the second. Showed my wife. She took a picture. Then walked over and asked the lady if she recognized them. She did and they were returned. As I was walking back to where wife was sitting a guy said "That was a nice thing to do but I would have kept them".

If I recall correctly they were marked 14K ... but of course I did not test them. Yup, finding a pair is rare.

SanibelEarrings_php.jpg.348062ea6a81e686328b7fcd24ec6235.jpg

• Like 5

You did the right thing in that case TVR.    Couple years ago, dug a Honker of a Class Ring.    10K       Guy had his name etched inside    (sort of a downer)   Anyway ,knew someone who knew the guy. Turns out it was lost 40 years.    His happyness  was rolling off of him.   It was a good feeling.    

• Like 5