Deus 2 Control Box Lanyard ... Failed !!!!!

martygene

Out detecting in the woods on Saturday and the remote fell off the shaft and it hit the ground even with it being tethered with the supplied XP lanyard. Luckily I saw it happen so that was good. It seemed that the "prongs" on the lanyard "shrunk" and allowed the remote to fall off. I tested it several times before hand but it somehow failed. It may have been that it was cold out but the prongs were bent inward and not holding onto the other piece. Needless to say that the lanyard is gone and I'm ordering a better one online. No second chances for it. Just a heads up to keep checking it for yourselves. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, martygene said:

Out detecting in the woods on Saturday and the remote fell off the shaft and it hit the ground even with it being tethered with the supplied XP lanyard. Luckily I saw it happen so that was good. It seemed that the "prongs" on the lanyard "shrunk" and allowed the remote to fall off. I tested it several times before hand but it somehow failed. It may have been that it was cold out but the prongs were bent inward and not holding onto the other piece. Needless to say that the lanyard is gone and I'm ordering a better one online. No second chances for it. Just a heads up to keep checking it for yourselves. 

Mine came off twice yesterday while hunting among briars and vines in the woods. The first time was only about 2 feet away from a 10 foot drop into the river. I would have been sick because the water was really moving and it was muddy. I definitely need to use a lanyard. 

• Like 1

don't use the XP one... and whew!!! close call...

Detecting Doodads developed a very ingenious, solid and dependable tether unit for the D1.Hopefully he will manufacture a larger sized unit to fit the larger D2 controller?

• Like 1

Said if you tie a piece of braided line maybe 100 lb test 150 lb test that she's for fishing in a circle then loop it through the eyelet on the remote and then loop the line through itself just like you would do with the regular Lanyard, then just leave it on there and when you go metal detecting just slide your lower rod out with your coil on slide the loop over the center shaft all the way up to the top where your remote attaches pop your remote on slide your lower shaft back in and now there's really no way to lose it.