The Unrealized Promise Of Multifrequency

On 4/14/2022 at 12:39 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

Well, my whole tirade is more centered around this one idea - “

This means you only need to cover the ground once and can be confident you’re not leaving ANY valuable treasure behind.”

Steve ..how would we like to further analyze this answer .. do you have a question about whether a modern multifrequency detector can detect more desired targets in the country ..as a single-frequency detector?

So let's take a closer look:

1st Case .. will a modern multifrequency detector find more good targets in more demanding terrain conditions - even according to the correct VDI target signal? ...

Yes, there are ... deep targets with VDI .. which is already above the level of VDI foil ... or other very low-conductivity objects ... If the VDI target itself is supplemented by a graphic signal display / signagraph-hodograph / it is even better..and you can believe it even more ... if the signal is accurate enough when crossing the coil crosswise ...

2 .. Event .. searching for very deep targets that sound like non-ferrous targets ...... a modern multifrequency detector can also determine on a deep target whether it is a low conductor, a medium conductor ,, or a high conductive target ... so the probability of detecting a good target can be really higher ..
 Multifrequency also gives a better chance to say about a deep target that it is a non-ferrous target ... even if the VDI identification does not have to be accurate ... but it is still firmly in the non-ferrous VDI zone ...
-single frequency detectors can already give such signals mainly to the iron zone .. with the occasional occurrence of a non-iron signal ..

Here I would also be more confident in the multifrequency..because it can give a repeatable non-ferrous signal ...

3. the Case..... is extremely demanding, and heavily mineralized terrain / magnetite, hematite Fe, possibly saline terrain / .. here the multifrequency will use its advantages the most and add the advantages to cases 1 and 2. It may not be 100% the best .. but it will be significantly better than with high quality single frequency detectors.

4. the Case .....is separation in iron .... and a well-done multifrequency can break out in separation with the best single-frequency detectors ... in my case I highly prefer detectors / single- or multifrequency / which can show exactly VDI displays the separated targets .. what I often decide whether I am interested in digging such a target..

Here is one more important thing ... how can the detector sufficiently eliminate false signals for iron targets .. not every multifrequency detector knows this reasonably well..identify more iron as an iron signal.!!!

So the basic advantage of the multifrequency is the quality calculation and elimination of the influence of the signal from the field on the detection properties of the detector depth, plus the accuracy of the VDI target calculation....

--------------------------------------------------

.....Do you detect all targets in the aunt with a multi-frequency detector in one pass through the coil?
certainly not .... but the percentage of the first pass through the coil can be really good../70-75% good targets /..and it will also depend on the coil used... ......................................................................................

P.S    .... of course high-quality depth-separation single-frequency ... / digital and analog / detectors with "good detection DNA"... remaint excellent detectors and in many cases still able to mix cards with detection results in the field ...👍

• Like 1