Nox 800 Vs Orx Vs Legend For Nugget Hunting

I'm waiting on that too, particularly how small of a nugget the 6' coil will respond on, Ive detected 0.0011 of a gram with the Nox and 6" coil, I'd like to hear how the Legend goes on tiny gold.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, phrunt said:

Ive detected 0.0011 of a gram (gold)....

I have a feeling you accidentally added a zero in there.  A grain sized nugget is small (but detectable by several detectors) and it is 0.065 g.  1/5 th grain is thus 0.013 g-- still detectable by the most sensitive gold detectors.  You're saying you can pick up something 10 times this small?

BTW, Jeff McClendon did a preliminary test with a small nugget and the Legend with 11" coil, reported here:

• Like 1

yup, typo with a combination of a brain fart 🙂

All Jeff's had a chance to do so far is this, "The Legend in GoldField has easily hit .05 gram gold nugget test targets also with the 11" coil. "

I'd be extremely disappointed if it's 11" coil didn't hit a 0.05 gram of a nugget but at least its a positive start.

• Like 3

Not a gold nugget & not in Goldfield mode but I dug a brass boot eyelet @ 2" with the Legend stock 11" coil in Field M2. Nails all around the hole. Pretty impressive to me. That is a very small target.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2022 at 9:27 AM, phrunt said:

yup, typo with a combination of a brain fart 🙂

All Jeff's had a chance to do so far is this, "The Legend in GoldField has easily hit .05 gram gold nugget test targets also with the 11" coil. "

I'd be extremely disappointed if it's 11" coil didn't hit a 0.05 gram of a nugget but at least its a positive start.

Another newly released detector with its 11” coil was not doing very well on .07 gram shotgun pellets in one of Andy’s videos. 

That is one of the reasons I did a quick .05 gram test with the Legend’s 11” coil. It hit that test nugget easily just like it passed Steve’s medium tungsten point Bic pen test. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I haven’t hunted with it on a saltwater beach yet and Nokta Makro haven’t released the saltwater beach software update yet. The same goes for the iron bias update. Nothing final yet. 

Otherwise I am very impressed with the Legend as an affordable alternative to the Equinox especially if someone is ready to upgrade from a beginner level detector to a more advanced and versatile unit. From what I have seen so far in testing and field use, I wouldn’t hesitate to use a Legend or Equinox for gold prospecting.

As far as not being ready….that’s why most recently released intermediate level detectors are user software updateable.

• Like 2