Sd 2200 Value

Hey guys a quick question.

I live in Alaska and most of the gold in my area is smaller.  I have an original GB2 & GM2 I can use for that.  I have no PI machine and would like to occasionaly hunt in AZ when I visit family in Prescott, & maybe hunt some other areas of AK.  I dont want to spend a lot for a machine I will use only occassionaly.  Is the SD 2200 stil a good machine?

If so whats a fair price for one.  One just popped up local for $1000 but not sure it's a bargain...

SD’s show up on EBay and Craigslist starting at $500 on up. For the amount of money you are talking about, a model such as a GP3500 is a better choice. They range between $1000 to $1700 used , depending on what extras they come with.  Gerry has a used one listed on his website right now.

http://gerrysdetectors.com/used-metal-detectors/

• Like 4

Vance in Ak

I’ve got my glasses on and brain in gear .

I do believe Steve has talked about a VLF detector working good in Alaska. Equinox 800 does a fair to good job in a place like Arizona and Nevada then why not Alaska.

I’m thinking you would be better off with something new than a old PI that could go out on you at anytime.

Unless you in a all fired rush to get out there you may want to buy into the Legend after some reviews start coming in on nugget hunting. That would cost you even less than the Nox.

A warranty in hand carries a lot of weight than one that don’t.

Just something to think about before you put your money down on maybe a dead horse.

Chuck 

• Like 1

Thanks Chuck.

My GB2 works excellent up here in my local area.  Actually I attended one o fSteves classes at AM&D way back when & then a few months later he helped me find my first tiny nugget with the GB 2 at Crow Creek.  My GM2 works almost as well on our local gold.  My main line of thinking was that if I could find a great deal on a PI machine I would pick it up to use when I visit AZ more than anything, although I know my VLF detectors will do "OK" down there too.

If they take my offer Iwill still grab it, but if not I think I will follow the advice here & wait for something newer in a PI machine.

Well she surprised me and changed the price drastically based on the info from a couple of classifieds I sent her.

Not sure if I should celebrate or not but I dont think I got hurt...

Two complete sd 2100v2 detectors, each with 12 & 120v chargers, 1 AZO backpack, one belt pack RPG PH-100RA(Never heard of them so assume junk?) .  They were packed in an AZO soft case, and a hard archery case.

A Martin prospecting Miller table complete, and a complete Gold Miner spiral wheel setup.  Total was $1100.

20220329_135749.jpg

20220329_135759.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Vance in AK said:

Well she surprised me and changed the price drastically based on the info from a couple of classifieds I sent her.

Not sure if I should celebrate or not but I dont think I got hurt...

Two complete sd 2100v2 detectors, each with 12 & 120v chargers, 1 AZO backpack, one belt pack RPG PH-100RA(Never heard of them so assume junk?) .  They were packed in an AZO soft case, and a hard archery case.

A Martin prospecting Miller table complete, and a complete Gold Miner spiral wheel setup.  Total was $1100.

20220329_135749.jpg

20220329_135759.jpg

Looks like you did well, you can always get your money back for the extras.

13 hours ago, GotAU? said:

Looks like you did well, you can always get your money back for the extras.

I would like to think so...

Now I will be the guy asking all the sd2100 questions and putting more money in goodies than the detector is worth.  Just like buying a gun or atv🤷‍♂️😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1