Deus 2... Arrived, 2hrs Of Detecting Completed. A Big Mistake?

Hi Burlguy,

Do you think that had the coils of your previous detectors gone over the exact spots where you recently made finds with the Deus 2, that you still would have found something? Or is there something special about the Deus 2 that made these new findings only now possible? If so, what might that special thing be for you? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doc Robby said:

Hi Burlguy,

Do you think that had the coils of your previous detectors gone over the exact spots where you recently made finds with the Deus 2, that you still would have found something? Or is there something special about the Deus 2 that made these new findings only now possible? If so, what might that special thing be for you? 

I absolutely went over all these spots with all of my other coils multiple times. There is some sort of secret sauce going on in the Deus. I did dig several ferrous targets that gave me a choppy signal, bolts, hand forged 2" nuts, and several chrome plated lug nuts. The v3i told me they where ferrous.

The Deus frequency weighting must be one of the secrets of its success. The x y factor of the frequency return response must be determining something additional with the decay. They hint of this in the manual with their graph. It shows bending of the return signal, maybe different time sampling or perhaps its just the weighting of the frequency sampling? 

One thing that I also liked yesterday, I did not get a single ghost signal that I could not find with the Deus after opening the hole. If it says something is there, its there, not a halo signal being broken up.

I am getting more separation at depth with the larger 11" coil than I did with the 6x8 sef butterfly and v3i.

On shallow targets the two coils are very similar but at depth the 11" has better separation in FMF programs than the v3i running 3 frequency and the 6x8.

I have not tried any of the single frequencies yet and will give this a spin today.

I do have a complaint that the darn pinpoint volume on the Deus is much too loud and I have not found a way to adjust this and there does not appear to be one.

• Like 5

Burlguy ... thank you for the nice and accurate information regarding the comparison of Spectra V3 and other detectors and also the new Deus 2 ..

Yes, the Spectra V3 is an excellent and powerful detector ..., but we must realize that even if you use different size coils in the detection on the Spectra V3 .. something will still remain in the field ... because this detector does not excel in particularly good 2D and 3D separations .. ,,

Today's excellent separation detectors can unmask a few new targets even in old, highly detected places .... and that's what feels ...

I'm curious about your other results..

13 hours ago, burlguy said:

I absolutely went over all these spots with all of my other coils multiple times. There is some sort of secret sauce going on in the Deus. I did dig several ferrous targets that gave me a choppy signal, bolts, hand forged 2" nuts, and several chrome plated lug nuts. The v3i told me they where ferrous.
I am getting more separation at depth with the larger 11" coil than I did with the 6x8 sef butterfly and v3i.

The D1 had already this secret sauce in the iron trashed areas . It looks like the D2 FMF is at least equal than the D1 in the trash . I would say better knowing I have only used the 11" like you at the moment . Thanks for your very interesting report ...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, palzynski said:

The D1 had already this secret sauce in the iron trashed areas . It looks like the D2 FMF is at least equal than the D1 in the trash . I would say better knowing I have only used the 11" like you at the moment . Thanks for your very interesting report ...

I agree. The Deus 1 has already proven it can do what is being reported. I don't know that this proves the D2 is the equal of the D1 in dense trash, but it does at least mean it has some of that XP magic.

• Like 2

These are closer to the sort of "tests" I prefer, I'm tired of a new detector coming out and the internet being flooded with videos of it running over someones self buried coin collection in their backyard, or waving is over a specifically laid out pattern of nails with a coin to show how great it responds in that test, that's only meaningful to them not to me.  Where are the finds?

Surely if a detector is so good at finding a coin in a specifically laid out selection of nails it'd be finding all these great finds that are buried in a specifically laid out formation of nails out there, in the wild which people with lessor detectors missed.  Some of these eager testers seem to not find much stuff, a little more time detecting and a little less time testing would probably be beneficial.

This post demonstrates that in a way that the Deus 2 is outperforming his other older detectors, surely others are finding the same results too, especially if they use the detector for detecting, and not just playing around in their backyard.

I've never bothered setting up a nail collection to test my detectors, when I get a new one I take it out and find stuff, if it finds an abnormal amount of stuff in places I've been I start to take notice.  It's all about the finds for me, I'm not overly bothered with someone else's backyard test results.

I'm eagerly waiting around for the posts with all these great finds that people missed with their other detectors that they're now finding.

So thanks burlguy for posting about using a detector for detecting and how it went by comparison to your other detectors, that to me is meaningful.

• Like 4