Deus 2... Arrived, 2hrs Of Detecting Completed. A Big Mistake?

Just a quick follow up. 2.5hrs yesterday in the hunted out yard got me 4 more coins (pennies), 3 buttons, a ridiculous 7 pull tabs!, and a dozen blobs of lead and melted aluminum.

10%? of the yard covered over the last 2 days....So much more here to find. Most if not all of these targets had multiple nails in the hole with the target.

Anyone of these targets could have just as easily been a gold coin or ring. The pull tabs are coming out of the ground 6"+.  I am going to find a gold coin!!!!

The most remarkable thing I have found is that in 40MHZ I can detect right over the top of the buried power lines in the yard and I dont hear any EMI unless I am right over the line and even then I can still hear the targets as well. This is with a lowered gain and depth is most certainly affected but it got me half a dozen of the non ferrous targets. This is nearly a dream come true. 

• Like 8

Hi Burlguy,

Thanks for the reply. It was helpful. Please keep us updated every now and then!

Hu

I have around 8-10 hrs on the detector now. What a difference this machine has made. Well over 100 non ferrous targets out of the ground including a paper thin brass silver plated cigar tube that was at least +10" down and I am afraid to even say how deep it was because people will not believe it. I also scored a 50 cal rimfire casing, toasted but a nice period relic, 8"+ down. 

In the coin department I really cleaned it up with the v3i but I have found another 10 coins that keep popping up with iron. Every target except the rimfire cartridge has had masking iron that the v3i could not punch through but the Deus cut through. The sweet rise and lower of high pitch sure makes you know there is a target. If its choppy its not usually good. My soil runs around 87 and this is the first machine that ignores it quite well.

I sure hope to beat everyone else to the old hunting grounds. There will be nothing left after I am done. For those complaining about the pinpointer taking too long to pair, turn the pinpointer on within a foot of the control box and it is nearly instantaneous.

• Like 8

Thanks Burlguy. 👍 I was getting a little antsy about spending that much on a detector, but the day before I picked it up I read your post. That, and finding a gold pin in a site I really hammered took all that trepidation away. 😀

What program are you using? I've been using DeepHC for the most part. I'm about to visit another site this morning that is pretty cleaned out, and possibly do some river testing.

Regarding the many "test" videos, I didn't put too much stock into any of them, especially the head-to-head comparisons.

I took a chance, and for me personally it paid off. There is no telling if I would have been as delighted with the Equinox 800. 

As far as more/better/deeper finds are concerned: Yes, I do find more and deeper targets. But I'm conscious that there may be factors that have more to do with me: was I swinging my old detector too fast, and it just so happens that the Deus II can keep up better? Was I skipping too many good targets, because the Vanquish 540 uses a compressed VID scale, and made everything look like a penny? Am I just digging more doubtful signals because I'm "learning the numbers" again? 

What I have realized is that my tendency to cherry-pick is starting to take over again. I'm severely limited in my detecting time and tend to focus on the high conductors. I need to put some effort into the mid-tones as well. No detector is going to do that for me. 

• Like 3

I spent 4 hours digging today and dug 15 coins. This detector is absurd. 10 minutes ago I dug my first .02 cent 1864. This coin was on my bucket list.... 8" down between tree roots directly under power lines. I am in shock, I want to cry....😅 I have detected this area well over 500 times. Square nails are everywhere.

• Like 6

On 3/30/2022 at 3:33 AM, palzynski said:

The D1 had already this secret sauce in the iron trashed areas . It looks like the D2 FMF is at least equal than the D1 in the trash . I would say better knowing I have only used the 11" like you at the moment . Thanks for your very interesting report ...

secret is in the "sauce!" $1,500.00 "sauce!" "pretty sweet tasting!"

(h.h.!)

j.t. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jmaryt said:

secret is in the "sauce!" $1,500.00 "sauce!" "pretty sweet tasting!"

(h.h.!)

j.t. 

After the secret sauce , the secret weapon  ... the D2 Lite is coming soon at probably around 900E/$ ...  This summer / autumn from my "secret" informations ...

Until then , do not accept to pay less for less lol ... 🙂 🙂

Congrats on the all the success with the D2 and 11" coil. Wait till you try the 9" coil. 

• Like 2