Deus 2... Arrived, 2hrs Of Detecting Completed. A Big Mistake?

I hear rumors of a 6” coil. I scored a .65 cal musket ball today along with two pieces of silver. One is a silver salt shaker and the second piece is the bezel to a pocket watch crystal.

I have been looking for the bezel of the monstrous Silver engraved pocket watch I found in the yard 10+ years ago. Unfortunately this is not it. It does however make for the third silver pocket watch or part found in the yard. Another half dozen coins but nothing dated older than 1959.

I am digging iffy signals that hit one way repeatedly, huge 6” hand forged square nails keep coming up. There may have been a very early structure here before my town was founded in 1857.

5 hours ago, burlguy said:

I hear rumors of a 6” coil.

We’ll they probably didn’t originate from XP.    Not trying to be a Debbie Downer here because I really want a sniper-like elliptical coil for my D2, but despite suggestions from their customers, XP seems to be reluctant to even provide a D2 compatible variant of the 5x10 HF elliptical coil that already exists for the D1, citing real estate constraints that preclude incorporating a battery and the D2 coil electronics in a coil of that size to keep it Dive rated like the two existing stock coils.

Therefore, I find it hard to believe they would consider a smaller 6” round footprint coil and a coil form factor that doesn’t already exist in their combined Deus/ORX/Deus 2 lineup (namely:  11x13”, 11” round, 9” round, and 5x10”).  Furthermore, since standalone coils are not yet available for purchase and no one has even seen the already announced D2 variant of the 11x13 coil for purchase even as part of a complete Deus 2 detector package, don’t hold your breath on a sniper-like coil being available any time soon.  

Again, not trying to rain on the parade, just injecting some unfortunate “XP sourced reality” into these small coil rumor mills.

Anyway, glad you are having a smashing success with the D2.  The 9” coil, as suggested earlier is a great addition to be considered when they become available for standalone purchase as a compliment to the 11”.  Separates well and, though not as ideal as a small elliptical or hockey puck, can still get you into  a lot of restricted swing situations that the 11” coil can’t deal with.  HH

• 2 weeks later...

I can’t believe I’m even considering it but if my dealer agrees to keep my place in shipping queue for 9” coil, I may upgrade order to complete Deus 2 w/9” coil which is obviously more $ but I’d receive in few weeks max. As I got rid of all my other detectors having 2 Deus II’s (9” and 11”) doesn’t seem too overkill as I’d then have backup if anything fails,  as well as more total run time w/o needing to recharge if I ever need that. Also extra custom programs slots. Waiting to hear back from my dealer guy. Heard stand alone coils might not hit the dealers until the fall- a big reason I’m considering this option. 

4 hours ago, relicmeister said:

I may upgrade order to complete Deus 2 w/9” coil

9" coil packages are already being sold in the U.S.

4 hours ago, relicmeister said:

aiting to hear back from my dealer guy. Heard stand alone coils might not hit the dealers until the fall-

I think that prediction is way over-blowen. Unless Deus runs into coil failures or ear breakage. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, midalake said:

9" coil packages are already being sold in the U.S.

I think that prediction is way over-blowen. Unless Deus runs into coil failures or ear breakage. 

Can you tell me at what dealers? (via PM if you don’t want to say openly) I ordered my spare coil on January 2. 

I was told May/June by three different well respected dealers.

• Like 2

Upgraded my coil only order to Deus 2 9” coil package at the discount I requested and effective January 2 order date. Friday ( 3 days after placing order) I got the tracking number and will have by Wednesday. I certainly never planned to have two D2’s but will have now. I could keep both, or perhaps sell one of the remotes , or even sell the full 11”  package-but after using the 11” coil I definitely do want it for fields and large open spaces.

• Like 1