Legend Performance

cjc

1 hour ago, cjc said:

Okay pretty good and in salt it did the same thing--it was very stable and with a bit of tuning was grabbing signals out of the iron really well.  So today this machine actually shocked  me with how deep it is.

Would really like your thoughts on Salt Water/Beach work. Thanks!

• Like 1

cjc,   I also am glad to be seeing how NM has built on the the strengths of the Anfibio & taken many aspects to the next level. And, there will be further improvements as we go along! I think this detector will be worthy of it's name.

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more and its great to see that this machine has Anfibio level depth to go with the added fidelity. 

cjc

• Like 1

19 hours ago, midalake said:

Would really like your thoughts on Salt Water/Beach work. Thanks!

I found it to be great--was cautious with the Stability control and found for the most part that I didn't need it.  As with any MF detector though its important to understand what the conditions demand.  There's always going to be  a digital "chop" to hear though and as long as you don't over tune the audio is great.  I recommend getting used to balancing the signal in 2 tone although 6 seems to be the deepest.  The idea is not to run it too "bitty" so as to let good responses come through.  For salt its worth experimenting with a higher "rust line" ie 12. 

cjc

27 minutes ago, midalake said:

I like talking in code. But without a Legend in hand I might need a little more help with Rust line 12............

well these machines that are getting five different versions  of  the ground and iron tend to blur the bottom cut off a bit anyway but by rust line I mean the level at which you begin to block out iron.  or diverse signals like it--such as salt sand.  code is a little less  self explanatory.  --the preset is 10/11

• Thanks 1

1st day out to the beach with the legend. 

Setup:

• Beach
  • Multi - wet
  • Ground Tracking ground balance
  • Stability 1 up to 5 - I tried a few 
  • Sensitivity - 20 to 25
  • Noise Cancel 
  • Recovery speed - varied - I tried a few
  • 1-10 notched out 

The main issue I'm having is that I get misc non-repeatable chirps that show an ID on the screen. Actual targets are more of a good tone. The VDI for the chirps ranges from the 20s to the 40s.

I need a lot more work with the unit.  I think eventually I'll realize those chirps are just chatter.  I don't want to turn the sensitivity down too much and miss targets. 

Anyone else getting misc. chirps in the "good" target range?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jethro said:

Setup:

• Beach
  • Multi - wet
  • Sensitivity - 20 to 25
  • Noise Cancel 
  • 1-10 notched out 

The main issue I'm having is that I get misc non-repeatable chirps that show an ID on the screen. Actual targets are more of a good tone. The VDI for the chirps ranges from the 20s to the 40s.

I need a lot more work with the unit.  I think eventually I'll realize those chirps are just chatter.  I don't want to turn the sensitivity down too much and miss targets. 

I'm thinking all metal detectors chirp, pop, buzzz or some sort of noise that makes you look!

3 hours ago, Jethro said:

Setup:

• Beach
  • Multi - wet
  • Sensitivity - 20 to 25
  • Noise Cancel 
  • 1-10 notched out 

What was your audio setup?  Tone breaks?