The Legend Is A Great Detector

Yes, local conditions rule. That and your own good common sense.

• Like 4

Too many lazy people who don't read manuals.........seem to always have problems, tinker with settings and get into a big mess, get frustrated.....................................

• Like 6

Sven1 you make a good case for the big Factory Reset Button!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Great advice George. Which I use myself. Get detector, read manual, go find MY settings. The idea is to learn how the settings work to get the best setup for different situations. People who only plug in canned settings from the internet never learn how the detector actually works, and are rarely set up properly. When will people learn that best settings vary with the ground and target mix, and canned settings that work well in one place suck in another? Learn the machine, learn what the controls are and what they do, then adjust the machine yourself to get the best performance wherever you are. The best way to learn that is with the detector in hand, experimenting with settings on found targets.

With social media being the way companies must advertise now they will have to pick  carefully whose hands they put a detector into. Besides us old guys don't know what we are talking about. I think a half century +3 equals 53 you tube hits. Hope your well Steve.

• Like 1

Some great advice here.  Most important feature on this machine is the last adjustment recall.  😁  Fiddle, test, adjust--for YOUR conditions.  This is a detector that has the punch and fidelity to  accommodate you.  One thing  that stands out to me is that it's almost too clean-running  to hit caps.  They come in--but  wide and broken with scattered meter readings.   Some rusted out ones--it ignores.  Might not please everyone but it does me.  Try knocking out "28"--the caps will be forced to jump over...

cjc

• Like 3