Need Help With Update

relicmeister

I want to do the V0.6 update now that it appears to be safe to do so. Now, I apologize for my utter lack of computer skills but I need some help. I don’t have a PC but can use a windows based laptop at work, or my wife’s laptop. I’ve updated my equinox a couple of times but when I go to XP update page and download I get a program updaterdeusIIupdate.zip and cannot open it. The video instruction by Gary says it will ask if you want to have it on your home screen but I don’t get that prompt. The zip file does not open. What am I doing wrong? Help would be appreciated. Thsnks

might have to right click on the file and should be an option to open it or add it as a home screen, or to run it, or you should be able to click on it and drag it manually and add it to your home screen. Does it say why won't let you open it? Thats a tuff one without being able to see what its actually doing. 

Yes, older versions of Windows didn't natively support opening Zip files or you may have no association assigned to the zip extension for explorer to open it from some program messing up your associations at some point.  You may need to install decompression software like Winrar to allow you to extract the zip file.

Download and install this

https://www.rarlab.com/rar/winrar-x32-611.exe

Once installed you'll be able to right click on the Zip file and extract here or extract to folder to unzip it, then you'll be able to click on the .exe file to start the process.  Either that or you can just double click on the .zip file and winrar will open it then you'll be able to run the installer's .exe file.

• Like 2

Thanks, I’ll download what you linked to, thanks for that, phrunt   
I will make sure I can get it opened up with that then standby for a while again as in the update thread I see there are still some that claim loss of depth. I’m thinking maybe they didn’t use the version of 0.6 with March date but the earlier one. 

• Like 1