Deus 2 Big Potential, $1600 Price Tag Shouldn't Come With Situational Failure To Function!?

I just got a Deus myself, as I was hunting previously in a field with a forum member that had the D2, and not only didn't we interfere with each other, he was completely unaffected by the massive cell tower overlooking this incredible relic hunting spot. I had to switch my machine to 15kHz single frequency and could then run the detector wide open sensitivity.

I've been in other places that I will be returning to where I had to do this, but with the Deus' ability to select from many single frequencies (I only had 4) EMI shouldn't even be a thought. Sadly many machines suffer from this issue and cost far more than the D2.

Sorry you are having difficulties. I've only had one instance where an underground power line interfered so far, and thankfully so.

🙂 In  my way of doing things, a frustrating issue such as this would make me reset the machine, and start fresh.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

I just got a Deus myself, as I was hunting previously in a field with a forum member that had the D2, and not only didn't we interfere with each other, he was completely unaffected by the massive cell tower overlooking this incredible relic hunting spot. I had to switch my machine to 15kHz single frequency and could then run the detector wide open sensitivity.

I've been in other places that I will be returning to where I had to do this, but with the Deus' ability to select from many single frequencies (I only had 4) EMI shouldn't even be a thought. Sadly many machines suffer from this issue and cost far more than the D2.

Sorry you are having difficulties. I've only had one instance where an underground power line interfered so far, and thankfully so.

🙂 In  my way of doing things, a frustrating issue such as this would make me reset the machine, and start fresh.

No you wouldnt but you might have been good and frustrated as I was! :) it was 1 time/1 spot, testing setups,presets,settings beside my hotel in a field(30/40ft). I never thought of underground power. It's odd it was a problem at this site because I've had it running beeping around at the jobsite which is an air force base (seems like may be alot going on!?). Other than at the hotel the machine has been smooth and quiet! I went to a spot back home in va I've put many hours on (small yard,big farm) ran quiet as a church mouse and pulled a handful or touch better of non ferrous items out the yard! I was very satisfied and ecstatically hopeful of pulling something epic in the future! This is a yard I've been over with atpro multiple trips,multi kruzer once & nox 800 more than  few trips 20yds by 20yds not a big yard and square nails in every hole is no stretch! That was my 2nd to 5th hour on D2 so I'm fairly certain I'm going to love the machine,its a top notch,mega potential unit! If these unique situations I had at the hotel dont happen to often that is! Appreciate the discussion,hoping for just that with this thread tbh.

6 hours ago, SwiftSword said:

I've recently come from an entry level machine (Vanquish 540) to the Deus 2. I fully expected there to be a very steep learning curve, and didn't expect to have every optimization served up on a platter. I sought out relevant tutorials and write-ups, and I feel the concepts you're talking about were adequately covered.

I do agree with you on EMI being a major issue. I detect in a suburban setting, so I'm never very far away from a powerline or a wifi router. At times the EMI makes the machine unusable. Even using the mono frequency modes doesn't help much. Curiously, the Park mode isn't affected at all. But I feel that mode is so heavily filtered, I might be walking over good finds. It would be great if XP could provide strategies to mitigate EMI that don't reduce performance too much. 

If I encounter this emi extravaganza again I'll mess with park more! I cycled all presets but after a few I was frustrated and fast with manual freq shift! You can roll back the filters correct!? I think so, I've came from nox800 and done well to very well imo with the limited time I get to hunt on that machine and D2 did find non ferrous in a yard carpeted with iron I've literally put 50+ hours on (1790 farmhouse,started small grew in 1800s,1900s) no modern trash and very very hard to come by signals! I can't or haven't yet give up hope of anything pre 1900 in these nails. D2 renewed the optimism greatly by polly signals when there were none left! If xp makes the nutty things go away as they should we're all winners(still winners but damn sure aggravating!) Lol a field with same iron carpet(big field) is surrounding this house I found a 1820's button few years back before life,work and things severely cut back my detecting time and for whatever reason (most likely this yard being so old,never detected for sure and my inability to pull anything pre 1917) I gave up on the permission when I had many many trips left. Went back for mental health recent with my nox and hit 1 line through the field n thought(why did i stop coming here with so much iron and non ferrous, machine gun beeps every direction) especially the 1 time I went in field I got the button in a to fast time to go line. Renewed desire to really get after it swells in my soul now though maybe i can stumble across something and video it! Thanks

2 hours ago, Commonwealthdetector said:

I never thought of underground power

There ya go. 🙂 I think that this may have been the issue, and sadly there is no setting that will help, at least I haven't found one. Again probably a good thing because of you get to digging after a deep target, it's the amps that get ya. Best to move on. 😎

Wondered which Commonwealth you lived in. 🙂 HH

9 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

There ya go. 🙂 I think that this may have been the issue, and sadly there is no setting that will help, at least I haven't found one. Again probably a good thing because of you get to digging after a deep target, it's the amps that get ya. Best to move on. 😎

Wondered which Commonwealth you lived in. 🙂 HH

Commonwealth of southwest virginia. Lee county to be exact. Ewing,va to be down to 500ish folks exact! Lol 

5 minutes ago, Commonwealthdetector said:

Commonwealth of southwest virginia. Lee county to be exact. Ewing,va to be down to 500ish folks exact! Lol 

My wife is originally from West Virginia but lived in Marion for a long time. 🙂 I'm from New England originally but lived in Richmond when I was young. She longs to go back to Marion, may visit Hungry Mother someday. I like hunting campgrounds.

16 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

My wife is originally from West Virginia but lived in Marion for a long time. 🙂 I'm from New England originally but lived in Richmond when I was young. She longs to go back to Marion, may visit Hungry Mother someday. I like hunting campgrounds.

Cw relics are 100% the stuff that keep me up at night. I'm in heaven just to scrape acouple bullets up idc about gains only the feel it gives!

• Like 1

Ok weirdness but I think a good thing! Well I've been swinging/nail testing in the middle of my hotel room past 2 hours! ZERO emi issues on factory sensitivity! Smh it's odd but nothing to report if I hadn't experienced the outside unfixable emi. Maybe I should go back to that spot. So nailtest(1 down barrel always) 2 & 1 for total 3 and 2. The one down the barrel flat and suspended, other 2 sorta kinda monte setup with 1 of those suspended 1" at times. As one would expect fast in pitch(pwn) eats the others lunch. Slow swing speed or just not super fast I almost couldn't lose the dime at 5" in seems I had to go a bit faster at more than 5ish". Seems like park did the worst to me which I wouldnt have thought this going in. Gen,sens,sensft,park,relic,deephc are the only programs I tried and did it many configurations,slow,fast,close,deep,changing settings on all as well. When or if I had notch like say rattleheads(metal detecting nwga) on the fast(any program)pitch  for coins video he put out! Seemed to greatly affect this test with any program suspended nails. Other than notch I didnt notice anything hurting hitting the dime not bottle caps,silencer oh and full tones seems worse than all tones or pitch for consistency hits/sound. Pretty much all the way around in fast pitch silencer 2 bottle cap 4 react 3/4 either audio response 5 really really confidence providing and I was thorough in trying all mentioned with same adjustments from high to low on anything that affects performance did not intend writing or I'd be more thorough in describing such events! I have no interest in deceiving anyone though! Seems plenty deep enough if your hunting thick nailheads as well also hitting great with slow speeds I did not think that was the case before! This thing whether silencer or iar or what not it eliminates the iron atleast actually dug squares 1 straight,2 slightly bent to the point one would high tone without filters in place but acouple notches on silencer or iar gone like yesterday! 

Cannot wait to get back out hunting. Maybe I'll try some narly squeaker nails tomorrow. Goodluck be safe

Probly important to know dime was very hittable 1-1 1/2" from head on down the barrel nail  never further than 2" if it was ever at 2". Other nails more 2+ all under coil all swings though